CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting applications for CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship 2020 from outstanding technologists and scientists. The objective of the scheme is to leverage expertise of outstanding scientists for innovative technology development, thereby enhancing the technological competitiveness of the nation, and for mentoring young scientists within the system. The awardee is expected to associate with a mission or thrust area program of CSIR or an area of interest to CSIR. For awardees in service, the fellowship of INR 50,000 per month over and above the existing salary will be provided.
CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Not be more than 67 years of age at the time of nomination
- Associate with a mission or thrust area program of CSIR or an area of interest to CSIR
- Be an active Indian Scientist/Technologist
- The fellowship of INR 50,000 per month over and above the existing salary will be provided to awardees in service.
- For retired awardees, the fellowship amount will be equivalent to the salary drawn by the Secretary to the GOI after adjusting the pension.
- Passport size photograph
- Complete list of publication and patents
- List of books/reviews authored
- Awards and honours received (if available)
- Other relevant documents
How can you apply?
The nominations shall be made by designated authorities. Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the website and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Download the nomination format.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Send a hard copy and soft copy (in PDF) of the completed nomination to -
Dr Inderpal Singh
Scientist Incharge – SSB YSA Unit
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa
New Delhi 110 012
Application deadline: Runs throughout the year
A two-tier process will be followed for selection of Bhatnagar Fellow-
- At the first level, a Screening Committee shall scrutinize and shortlist the relevant nominations
- At the second level, shortlisted nominations shall be placed before a Search-cum-Selection Committee for its consideration and recommendations
Note: The Search-cum-Selection Committee, comprising of eminent scientists, technologists and industrialists in the country or abroad, shall be constituted by the Vice President, CSIR.
Terms and Conditions
- Self-nominations/applications are not acceptable.
- The Fellowship is tenable in India.
- The Fellow may continue at his / her present place of work or at any CSIR Institute/ laboratory as decided by DG, CSIR.
- The duration of Bhatnagar Fellowship shall be initially for a period of three years, which can be extended further subject to appraisal for a maximum period of two years or till the awardee attaining the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
- The nominations can be proposed by-
- Vice-Chancellor of Indian Universities
- Directors of CSIR Laboratories
- R&D Institutions and Institutes of National Importance
- Secretaries of Science Department of GOI
- Director-Generals of Major R&D organizations such as DRDO, ICAR, ICMR, IMD, etc.
- Chairmen of Atomic Energy Commission, UGC, etc.
- Chairmen/Presidents of Industrial Associations such as Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), etc.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more