CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting applications for CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship from outstanding technologists and scientists. The objective is to recognize and enable outstanding scientists to pursue excellence in scientific research and innovative technology development, thereby enhancing the scientific footprints and technological competitiveness of the nation and mentoring young scientists. The awardee is expected to associate with a mission or thrust area program of CSIR or an area of interest to CSIR. For awardees in service, the fellowship of INR 50,000 per month over and above the existing salary will be provided. Each awardee will, in addition, receive a CSIR Research Project Grant up to INR 25 lakh per annum.
CSIR Bhatnagar Fellowship
DeadlineAlways Open Eligibility
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian Scientists/Technologists
- An associate with a mission or thrust area program of CSIR or an area of interest to CSIR
- Have impactful scientific and/or technological contributions during the last 10 years
Note: Applicant can be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who is working in India
- Annual grant of Rs. 25 lakh will be awarded to the selected candidates out of which 10 Lakh will be for travel purposes.
- The candidates, who are still an employee, will get a fellowship amount of INR 50,000 per month along with the existing salary.
- For retired awardees, the fellowship amount will be equivalent to the salary drawn by the Secretary to the GOI after adjusting the pension.
- The Annual Grant shall be up to the ceiling of Rs 40 lakh.
- Passport size photograph
- Complete list of publication and patents
- List of books/reviews authored
- Awards and honours received (if available)
- Other relevant documents
How can you apply?
The nominations shall be made by designated authorities. Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click the 'Apply Now' tab and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Download the nomination format.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Send a hard copy and soft copy (in PDF) of the completed nomination to -
Dr Inderpal Singh
Scientist Incharge – SSB YSA Unit
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa
New Delhi 110 012
Application Deadline: Runs throughout the year
A two-tier process will be followed for the selection of Bhatnagar Fellow-
- At the first level, a Screening Committee shall scrutinize and shortlist the relevant nominations
- At the second level, shortlisted nominations shall be placed before a Search-cum-Selection Committee for its consideration and recommendations
Note: The Search-cum-Selection Committee, comprising of eminent scientists, technologists and industrialists in the country or abroad, shall be constituted by the Vice President, CSIR.
Terms and Conditions
- Self-nominations/applications are not acceptable.
- The Fellowship is tenable in India.
- The Fellow may continue at his / her present place of work or at any CSIR Institute/ laboratory as decided by DG, CSIR.
- The duration of Bhatnagar Fellowship shall be initially for a period of three years, which can be extended further subject to appraisal for a maximum period of two years or till the awardee attaining the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
- The nominations can be proposed by-
- Vice-Chancellor of Indian Universities
- Directors of CSIR Laboratories
- R&D Institutions and Institutes of National Importance
- Secretaries of Science Department of GOI
- Director-Generals of Major R&D organizations such as DRDO, ICAR, ICMR, IMD, etc.
- Chairmen of Atomic Energy Commission, UGC, etc.
- Chairmen/Presidents of Industrial Associations such as Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), etc.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more