Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2019, UK
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, UK, invites applications from candidates looking to pursue a 3yr/4yr PhD in the UK, and who are citizens or legal residents of low and middle income commonwealth countries for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2019. The scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2019, UK
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of India
- have completed or is expected to complete the Master Degree/Qualifying Exam, by October, 2019. The academic qualification must have direct and applied relevance to the development theme selected by the candidate.
- have received an offer of admission from one of the participating UK Universities
- be available to start his/her academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or India university or elsewhere before September/October 2019
- not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Note: Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/training/ specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply, if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years as on 10th January, 2019 after returning from abroad.
Each scholarship shall cover the following:
- Return airfare from India to UK
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance of GBP 1330 (London Metropolitan Area) or GBP 1084 (Rest of UK)
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas, where approved
- Mid-term visit airfare to visit India
- Family allowances (GBP 233 for spouse and first child, and GBP 114 for second and third child)
The following documents need to be uploaded along with your application:
- Offer of acceptance from a partner UK University
- Proof of Indian citizenship or permanent residence
- Certificates and marksheets for all educational qualifications
- References from at least two individuals
How can you apply?
To apply for the scholarships, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Register as a new user at the online application page for CSC
Step 2: Select your country as India and nominating agency as MHRD
Step 3: Fill in your details in the form
Step 4: Once you have submitted the form, go to the MHRD application page
Step 5: Click on the online application form for Commonwealth Scholarship
Step 6: Fill in the complete form and upload the requested documents
Step 7: Validate and submit the form
Note: It is compulsory for the applicant to apply on both the portals before their cut-off dates, failing which would make his/her candidature ineligible.
Last date of Application on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System: 19 December, 2018
Last date of Application on the Ministry of Human Resource Development portal: 10 January, 2019
A total of 13 candidates will be nominated by the MHRD for the PhD Scholarships. In case, there are more number of students than the available nominations, ranking of the institution as per the ‘QS Ranking 2019’ would be taken to draw the merit list.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more