Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India invites applications for Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21 from Indian nationals for higher education purpose. The scholarship is available for Indian students to pursue undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs. Selected students will receive variable awards.
Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a permanent citizen of India and should be currently residing in India at the time of applying
- Be a high school graduate (Class XII pass) under the age of 25 years for applying to undergraduate programs
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 years for applying to master’s programs
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 years for applying to doctoral programs
- Be a high school graduate i.e. he/she must have cleared Class XII (at least) under the age of 45 years - for applying to general scholar programs
- Be master’s degree holder OR an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 years - for applying to senior scholar programs
Note - Candidates who have been abroad for the purpose of study/research/training, for the period of more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years, after their return from abroad as on 24 January 2020.
Selected 40 students will get:
- Scholarship provided by the Government of China
- Cost for airfare for onward ticket from India and China
- PDF of the application form submitted on www.campuschina.org
- Self-attested copy of class X mark sheet, class XII mark sheet, degree certificate (UG/PG/Doctoral as applicable). Please note that if the degree of applicant is awarded in terms of GPA, applicants must upload the official procedure adopted by the University/Institution for conversion of GPA to Percentage.
- Class X pass certificate as proof of age of the applicant.
Note- Size of an individual document must be under 530 kb
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Apply for this scholarship through the Chinese Scholarship Council’s Online Application System (www.campuschina.org).
Step 2: Apply for this scholarship through this link as well.
Step 3: Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit both applications.
Application deadline: 24th January 2020
40 slots are offered under the Chinese Government Scholarship. Final selection of candidates rests with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China. Nominations would be made in a proportional manner according to the number of applications received under each degree program.
Terms and Conditions
- The study of Chinese Language Course of about one year is mandatory before starting the study in the relevant subject in the Chinese Language.
- Candidate is expected to have rudimentary knowledge of prevailing geopolitical situation, culture and heritage of China.
- The final selection of the nominated candidates rests with the Government of the People's Republic of China.
- The applicant in employment (to which he/she wishes to return) should have an assurance from his/her employer that he/she will be granted sufficient leave if he/she is awarded this scholarship during the study period in China.
- For undergraduate programs, merit list would be based on Class XII marks (80%weightage) and Class X marks (20% weightage).
- For Master’s, Doctoral, General Scholar and Senior Scholar programs, priority for nomination would be given to candidates who have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more