Chief Minister's Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2019, Telangana
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Minority Development Department, Government of Telangana invites applications for its Chief Minister's Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities 2019, Telangana from Postgraduate and PhD aspirants. The aim of the scholarship is the welfare of the backward communities socially, economically and educationally. The winner of the scholarship will get an award worth INR 10 Lakhs to pursue their higher education abroad.
Chief Minister's Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2019, Telangana DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible for the scholarship:
- The student should belong to a minority community.
- The annual family income of the student shall be less than INR 2 lakhs per annum from all sources.
- For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation degree in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine and Nursing/Social Sciences/Humanities
- For PhD Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine/Social Sciences/Humanities
- This is One Child in a family one-time Award, i.e, the award can be won by only one child in the family. The awardee should be a first-time winner of the award.
- The student should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
- The student should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
- The student should possess a valid Passport.
The selected scholar will receive the following benefits:
- The scholar will receive the scholarship amount of INR 10 Lakhs towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining the course in the following installments:
- Installment-I: An amount of INR 5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 Card (Immigration Card)
- Installment-II: An amount of INR 5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester results
- The student shall be eligible for an educational loan of INR 5.00 lakhs from any Nationalized Bank at prevailing rates of interest.
- The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking research/teaching assistantship, thus, earning from research/teaching assistantship.
- Utilization certificate shall be obtained from the student with a due endorsement of the concerned university authorities for record purpose under the scheme.
The following documents need to be attached along with the application:
- Caste certificate from Mee Seva
- Income certificate from Mee Seva
- Date of birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- E-pass ID number
- Residential/nativity certificate
- Passport copy
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level
- GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard
- TOFEL/IELTS score card
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Copy of the latest Tax Assessment
- Copy of Bank Pass Book of a nationalised bank
- A scanned photograph of the applicant
- Salary certificate from the employer (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Apply online by visiting the official epass website of the Government of Telangana.
Step 2: Click on 'Overseas Scholarship Services'.
Step 3: Scroll down to the relevant scholarship and click on 'Registration'.
Step 4: Provide all the relevant details, attach necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
- The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee through the Bio-data provided by the candidates who applied online. The selection committee will be constituted by the Government with the following members:
- Chairman- Principal/Special Secretary, Minorities Welfare Department
- Member- Principal Secretary, S.C.D. Department
- Member- Vice Chancellor, JNTU
- Member- Commissioner, Technical Education
- Member-Convenor- Director, Minorities Welfare
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st July of the year of the advertisement.
- One Child in a family one-time Award: Not more than one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect, a self-certification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times.
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for an extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the scheme.
- The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under the award from the scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. Any incomplete application is liable to be rejected.
- 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women candidates (if the adequate number of eligible women candidates are not available then male candidates may be selected against this 33%).
- The registration shall be made under the scheme online only.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more