CEPT Essay Prize 2019-2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
CEPT University organizes the CEPT Essay Prize for the architectural graduates across the country. CEPT Essay Prize is a financial award that is granted to the best essays submitted. This edition of the essay competition will focus on 'Dwelling in Asian Cities'. The winner of the essay contest can win prizes up to INR 100,000.
CEPT Essay Prize 2019-2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be a graduate from any allied areas of architecture and planning
- Be up to 30 years of age
Following prizes will be granted to the winners:
- First Prize: INR 100,000
- Second Prize: INR 50,000
- Two Honorary mentions
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the contest-
Step 1: Visit the link here and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Write an 800-word abstract on any of the given themes.
Step 3: Submit the abstract by mail at email@example.com
Step 4: In case the candidate is shortlisted for the second stage, write a long-form essay of 3000 words.
Step 5: Submit the essay by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of first abstracts by 15th July 2019
- Announcements of the final selection of Abstracts by 15th August 2019
- Submission of final essays by 30th August 2019
- Announcement of winners by 15th October 2019
The selection of the winners will be made by taking the following points into account:
- The selection will be made on the basis of the abstract and the essay submitted by the applicant. The jury will be looking for clarity, using meaningful descriptive words, taking into account the context, assumptions, biases, perspectives, etc.
- The writing should be accessible to a wider readership beyond the architecture and planning audiences.
- The directness of communication or arguments presented is encouraged.
- The 800-word abstracts submitted for the first stage will be reviewed by the panel of four experts.
- For the second stage, 45 entrants will be shortlisted. These candidates will need to submit a 3000-word long-form essay which will be reviewed by a panel of three judges.
Terms and Conditions
- Themes for the essay contest-
- What are the imaginations of Dwelling? Dwelling as aspirations, dreams, mythologies, mysteries, struggles, and more.
- What are the challenges of Dwelling – in the ways we understand land politics, economic shifts, cultural slides, nation and nationality, governance and mobility?
- What are the opportunities of new imaginations of the contemporary through Dwelling – by nature of innovations and reinterpretations, neighbourhoods recalibrated, and the will to self-assertion?
- Only individual submissions will be accepted.
- Any candidate can apply to the CEPT Essay Prize for a maximum of two cycles; however, those who have been awarded the first or second position in any cycle are no longer eligible to apply for a subsequent cycle.
Find technical writing guidelines here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more