Burning Questions Fellowship Awards 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Burning Questions Initiative (BQI) of Tiny Bean Fund is providing Burning Questions Fellowship Awards 2020 for doctoral and post-doctoral researchers around the world. The fellowship aims at addressing the negative impacts of global industrial food animal production especially in low and middle-income countries. Young researchers, early career professionals and research teams will get fellowship benefits, research facilities, training and mentorship to undertake independent projects for 4 months under this program.
Burning Questions Fellowship Awards 2020 DeadlineClosed
Applicants must follow the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for this fellowship. They must be:-
- PhD degree holder or enrolled for PhD at a recognized academic institution, OR
- Independent scholars and researchers from large prominent research organizations, OR
- Early career as well as senior academics working towards a similar cause, OR
- A team of two to four researchers that has at least one person with a PhD/doctoral degree
- Willing to conduct progressive research in feasible solutions for tackling the negative impacts of global industrial food animal production
The fellowship program provides following benefits to selected fellows:-
Single individual enrolled in a PhD/doctoral university program
Single selected fellow with a PhD/doctoral degree
Team of researchers (2-4 members)
Following documents are required to apply for this fellowship:-
- Personal information and short curriculum vitae (CV)
- Guidance Memo stating complete project guidelines and research background of proposed solutions
- Statement of Purpose (Personal Statement)
- These succinct documents in plain language (“Guidance Memos”) are made available to them within months of their completion
- Guidance Memos are documents prepared specifically to assist front-line persons who are the end-users, written from the perspectives of academics
How can you apply?
To apply for this fellowship, applicants should follow the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1: Visit the applications instructions manual and read the complete application instructions.
Step 2: Prepare an ‘Applicant’s general information’ statement.
Step 3: Prepare ‘Guidance memos’ in the prescribed format.
Step 4: Also prepare a personal statement as suggested in instructions.
Step 5: Submit all these documents together via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Date : 09th March 2020
Application Deadline : 11th May 2020
The fellowship entries will be judged on the following four criteria:-
- The relevance of the applicant’s choice of issues and solutions
- Effectiveness of Guidance memo in helping industrial and professional stakeholders of the dedicated field
- The coherence of applicant’s research plan with guidance memos
- Quality of application
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship is awarded twice every year. The first round is Spring/Summer and the second is Fall/Winter.
- A total of 3 awards are available for each round.
- The topics covered in the Guidance Memo must be relevant to the 'burning questions'.
- The applicants are also required to create an annotated bibliography of 3 to 15 publications having relevance with the content of Guidance Memo.
- Also, the applicants need to write a short personal narrative on the experience of working on the Guidance Memo.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more