Brazilian Government Scholarship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 09-08-2018 Posted By : Admin
The Brazilian Government invites applications from high school students in India under the Brazilian Exchange Program for undergraduate students (PEC-G) for the year 2019. Currently, a total of 59 countries are participants in the PEC-G, the program under which the Brazilian Government has provided undergraduate scholarships to over 9000 international students since 2000.
Brazilian Government Scholarship 2019
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a citizen and resident of India
- Be between 18 years of age and preferably up to 23 years of age.
- Have passed their board exams with at least 60% overall, and with a minimum of 60% in English. Students who are currently in Class 12 can apply, but must present their final mark sheet and board certificate at the time of enrollment in the Brazilian University.
- Possess the Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for Foreigners - Celpe-Bras. Students from India will have to take the said exam in Brazil, once, after completing the Portuguese for Foreigners course preparatory to the exam, in accredited Brazilian University.
Each selected scholar receives a full tuition fee waiver for their selected course at a Brazilian Higher Education Institution.
In addition, selected students can apply for the following scholarship opportunities after the first year of their studies in Brazil:
a) Merit Scholarship - Students who display remarkable academic performance after their first year of studies in Brazil receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622, along with return airfare after the completion of their course
b) MRE Scholarship - Students who find themselves in financial need after their first year of studies in Brazil may receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622
c) Emergency Scholarship - In exceptional cases, students who find themselves in extreme financial hardship of an unexpected order may receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622
Note: All DCE/MRE scholarships are granted for a period of one semester (six months), subject to renewal.
The following documents must be presented at a Brazilian Embassy or Consulate to file the application:
- Original and copy of the mark-sheet for Class 12 board examinations;
- Original and copy of Class 12 board certificate of completion;
- Original and copy of the Celpe-Bras certificate; OR proof of registration in the Celpe-Bras exam;
- Original and copies of the candidate's and both parents' Birth Certificates;
- Original and copies of a certificate of physical and mental health issued within the last three months before application;
- Original of Statement of Financial Responsibility (TRF), in Portuguese, accompanied by proof of the signatory's income, attesting their capability to fulfil the commitment made; (English and Portuguese versions available for download in the document section)
- Original of Statement of Commitment for Application (TCI), in Portuguese. (English and Portuguese versions available for download in the document section)
How can you apply?
Note: Applications for the scholarship are completely offline.
Step 1: Ensure you have all the required documents
Step 2: Present yourself at the nearest Brazilian Embassy or Consulate
Step 3: Provide details for the application to the Embassy or Consulate officer
Step 4: Sign and submit your application
The last date of applications for admissions to Brazilian Universities in 2019 is 31 August 2018.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants from countries where there is no Celpe-Bras exam must take the exam in Brazil, in a sole opportunity, upon the conclusion of the Portuguese as a Foreign Language preparatory course to the Celpe-Bras exam, in an accredited HEI.
- The Statement of Financial Responsibility (TRF) declares that the applicant counts with at least one source of income able to fund his/her trip to Brazil and his/her return to their home country, as well as installation and maintenance in Brazil throughout the duration of the course.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more