Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in partnership with Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) invites applications from students who are pursuing or have completed their PhD in the field of Solar Energy for Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program 2020. Through this fellowship programme, Indian students and scientists get an opportunity to gain exposure and access to world-class facilities in the leading US institutions and interact with their American peers. A monthly allowance, return air-fare and a contingency fund will be awarded to the selected fellows.
Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program 2020 DeadlineClosed
For Student Internship, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India
- Be enrolled in a full-time PhD course in the field of Solar Energy, in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution /recognized academic institute (University/College) in India
- Be up to 32 years of age as on 31st December 2019
For Fellowship, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India
- Hold a doctoral degree in Science, Engineering or Technology
- Not be more than 40 years of age as on 31st December 2019.
- Hold a regular position in a public-funded S&T institution, R&D laboratory, any recognized academic college or university in India
- Monthly stipend
- Return air-fare
- Contingency allowance
- Latest mark sheet.
- Two letters of recommendation from a lab supervisor, advisor or faculty member on their official letterhead
- No objection certificate from Parent Institution
- Scanned copy of the first and last page of the passport
- Host institution acceptance letter
- A CV of US host
- Other documents (optional)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Click here to apply for Student internship. Click here to apply for the fellowship
Step 1: Register through the online application portal and make an account.
Step 2: Verify account using the activation link sent on the email.
Step 3: Login using the user id and password and fill in details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the supporting documents.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
Application deadline: 31st January 2020
Candidates will be selected based on the selection criteria. Due preference will be given to those whose research is aimed at addressing India-centric issues related to Solar Energy.
Terms and Conditions
- The recipient should hold a letter of acceptance from a reputed US institution/ University where the applicants intends to undertake his/her research work
- The duration of student internship ranges from 3 months to 6 months while the fellowship ranges from 3 months to 12 months.
- All the documents should be in 'jpg' OR 'jpeg' OR 'png' OR 'pdf' format & file size should not exceed 2 MB
- The applicants must be conducting their research in any of the following categories: Solar Photovoltaics, Solar Thermal, Grid Interaction including Smart Grids, Energy Storage, System Development and Integration and Any other area related to Solar Energy
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more