Aston University GREAT Scholarships 2024-25
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-01-2024 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Aston University GREAT Scholarships 2024-25 is a joint initiative of the British Council and Aston University, for students from India, Thailand, Pakistan, and Vietnam who wish to pursue one-year postgraduate taught courses at the university. A minimum award of £10,000 for a year of study will be awarded to one student from each country.
The GREAT Scholarships 2024 programme, launched by the British Council together with 72 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
Source: Aston University
Aston University GREAT Scholarships 2024-25
To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be a passport holder of India, Pakistan, Thailand, or Vietnam
- hold an offer for a one-year postgraduate-level on-campus taught course (excluding the MBA and OSPAP)
- have a minimum academic qualification equivalent to a UK 2:1 degree
Under this scholarship program, a minimum of £10,000 will be awarded to one student from each country.
Note:- The scholarship will automatically be credited to the student's account through a tuition fee reduction.
- Academic transcripts, including marksheets and certificates
- Copies of English language qualifications
- One or two references:
- For current students or recent graduates, an academic reference is typically accepted
- For employed individuals, an employer reference is preferred
- References should be on letter-headed paper, signed, or sent directly from the referee's professional email address
- Personal statement of a maximum of 250 words, including the below information:
- Explaining the applicant's interest in the chosen subject area
- Highlighting non-academic achievements or activities for consideration
- Demonstrating how the course aligns with the applicant's career plans
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to apply' section, select 'India - September 2024 courses', and read the given instructions carefully.
Step 4: Now, click on 'Application form'.
Step 5: Fill in the necessary details, tick the checkbox for terms & c,onditions and submit.
Step 6: After successfully applying for a course, the applicants will be considered for the scholarship based on the provided information.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2024, 11:55 PM (Indian Standard Time)
The scholarship is awarded based on academic merit, fulfillment of eligibility criteria, and the information provided in the application, including the response to the following question in no more than 500 words:-
"Tell us about a social or work initiative that you took or were a part of and how it impacted society, shaping your current identity."
Additionally, candidates are required to submit a one-minute video responding to the following question:
"How does the choice of the program you have applied to at Aston University align with the initiative mentioned in the essay above as well as your future career goals?"
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants will receive one scholarship, but they can apply for multiple scholarships. If awarded multiple scholarships, the highest-value scholarship will be granted to the student.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more