ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India invites applications for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) from students having a master's degree in Natural Science or equivalent degree. The fellowship aims to promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN member countries to India and provide them with the opportunity to work at any of the Indian research/ academic Institution. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 50,000 per month and other benefits.
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Hold a nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State
- Possess at least a Masters degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology/ Engineering/ Medicine/ allied disciplines
- Be working/studying and/or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/her home ASEAN member country
- Not be more than 45 years of age as on date of submission of application
- Be fluent in the English language
- The applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship(RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Government of India during the last 5 years are not eligible to apply
A total of 50 fellows will be selected under this fellowship scheme. The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- All international travel-related expenses i.e. round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc
- A consolidated fellowship of INR 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000 for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific/events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges at INR 2,500/- per month
For more information, click here.
- CV of Applicant
- CV of Indian host
- Copy of relevant pages of valid Passport
- A copy of the endorsement letter from present employer in the prescribed format
- A copy of the acceptance letter from any Indian scientist/ institution for hosting the applicant, if selected
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in and fill all the mandatory fields.
Step 3: Upload the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 31st August 2020
The selection will be made based on the application forms submitted.
Terms and Conditions
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of the applicant's institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the fellowship in India.
- The selected fellows are advised to take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India.
- The cost of obtaining overseas insurance policy is covered and reimbursable under AISTDF.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more