AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) invites applications for AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2019-20 from girl students studying in the first year of a technical diploma/degree (2019-20 batch) at an AICTE approved institution. The students who are already availing this scholarship can also apply for renewal of the same. The scholarship scheme aims to empower young girls with knowledge, skills and self-confidence so that they could contribute to the development process. Total 4,000 girl students will be awarded up to INR 30,000 as tuition fee reimbursement and other benefits.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a girl student
- Be admitted to the 1st year of degree/diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institutions in 2019-20 through centralized admission process of the central/state government
- Have a family income of less than INR 8 Lakhs per annum
Note: Up to two girls per family are eligible for this scholarship.
A total of 4000 girl students are awarded this scholarship every year combining of 2000 Degree and 2000 Diploma students. The selected students receive:
- A tuition fee of INR 30,000 or actual, whichever is less
- Incidental charges of INR 2,000 per month for a duration of 10 months every year
Note: In the case of tuition fee reimbursement/waiver, the students will get INR 30,000 for purchasing books, software, equipment, desktop, laptop, vehicle or fee for application of competitive examination.
- Mark Sheet of class 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- Annual family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant's photograph, account number and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to visit the online application system.
Step 2: Click on 'Register here' to register.
Step 3: Once registered, the candidates will receive a confirmation link via email on their registered email ID.
Step 4: Click on the email link to confirm registration.
Step 5: Login using the registered email id and password.
Step 6: Fill the online application form carefully.
Step 7: Upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
Step 8: Finally, submit the application form.
Application deadline: 01st December 2020
- Candidates who have taken admission in an AICTE approved college/institution through Centralised Counseling Process (for government quota) are selected for Pragati Scholarship on the merit basis.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the Pragati Scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Students admitted through management quota are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship.
- Applicants must have a general saving account in a bank. They cannot use FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is used to directly transfer the scholarship amount into the selected candidate’s bank account.
- The scholarships for degree and diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicants in any of the degree/diploma level programme.
- The scanned copies of the applicant’s passport size photo and signature must be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format. The file size of the photo should not be more than 200 kb and signature should not be more than 50 kb.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Sir, I will be taking admission in btech lateral entry this year..so am I eligible for this scholarship and if yes so when the application for this scholarship will begin??,
Asked by A B on 28-May-2021
Dimple Thapa on 03-Jun-2021
If you fulfill all the other eligibility conditions of this scholarship, you can apply for it. Its applications for the academic year 2021-22 are expected to start in the month of August or September. Please save this page to get the latest updates.
Asked by Dechen Ongmu Tamang on 16-May-2021
Dimple Thapa on 25-May-2021
Please refer to the application deadline for this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more