Adobe Youth Voices Awards 2015
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Adobe Youth Voices Awards is a global competition that honors youth who make original, outstanding digital media to creatively express their vision for positive change. We invite you to submit media that inspires, informs, and generates solutions. Final deadline is: April 20, 2015.
The Adobe Youth Voices Awards accepts media in five categories: Documentary, Narrative, Animation, Visual, and Venture. Learn more about key dates and how to submit.
A youth-led social venture is a project or organization run by youth to create positive impact in the community. Whether you are starting up or fully established, produce a video that shows the problem you’re addressing, how your solution works, and who it benefits. It could be a pitch or a story of change to inform and inspire about your journey on creating change. Be creative and engaging
All winners will receive hardware, Adobe Creative Cloud, and cash grants to nonprofits that will support their vision for change. Venture prize winners will also receive mentorship from Ashoka Youth Ventures. In addition, both prize winners and finalists will become eligible to apply for an Adobe Youth Voices Scholarship. The Adobe Youth Voices Scholarships Program supports the next generation of creatives with scholarships towards post-secondary education.
Adobe Youth Voices Awards
The Adobe Youth Voices Awards is a global, online competition that encourages youth to creatively express their vision for driving positive change in local communities. It’s an extension of Adobe Foundation’s philanthropic commitment and its global signature program, Adobe Youth Voices, which aims to ignite creative confidence in youth around the world by empowering them to find their voice and make it heard.
Adobe Youth Voices Awards prizes will be presented in all five (5) categories:
Adobe Youth Voices Awards 2015
- Student participants must be between the ages of 13-19
- Students must partner with an educator to submit media projects
- Educator can be from any NGO, student, or youth organization
- Participants may submit multiple projects
- Participants may submit to multiple categories
- Any software may be used in the creation of projects
- There is no cost to submit media
How can you apply?
Step 1: CREATE YOUR SUBMISSION:
Categories. Decide which category you’d like to enter (as described below). If you’d like to enter more than one category, you may do so, but each entry must be submitted separately. All media must have been created on or after January 1, 2012. After you’ve decided on a category, make your own unique video(s) or non-video submission(s) (“Submissions”) in any of the following categories, making sure you follow the rules provided in the section below entitled “Submission Guidelines.”
Step 2: ASK AN ADOBE YOUTH VOICES COORDINATOR OR TEACHER TO SUBMIT YOUR SUBMISSION FOR YOU:
Once you have created your media within the Submission Guidelines, an educator registered with the Adobe Youth Voices community should submit it for you online at: www.youthvoices.adobe.com/awards. Videos may be submitted as a raw file, Youtube link, or Vimeo Link. Only educators who are registered with the Adobe Youth Voices community may submit Submissions on behalf of youth contestants.
Terms and Conditions
- February 2, 2015 - Submissions Open
- March 9, 2015 - Media created between 2012-2014 due
- April 20, 2015- All projects created in 2015 due
- May 11, 2015 - Finalists announced and audience voting begins
- June 15, 2015 - Voting ends
- June 22, 2015 - Winners announced on the website
Adobe Youth Voices Awards Social Venture
The Adobe Youth Voices Awards (AYV) is excited to announce the introduction of a new category: Venture.
What is a Social Venture Video?
Do you have an idea for a project to better your community? Are you innovative, driven, and want to be supported by a global audience? If so, you’re invited to create a short video for the AYV Awards Venture category!
A youth-led social venture is a project or organization run by youth to create positive impact in the community. Whether you are starting up or fully established, produce a video that shows the problem you’re addressing, how your solution works, and who it benefits. It could be a pitch or a story of change to inform and inspire about your journey on creating change. Be creative and engaging.
Make a video utilizing a mobile device or camera that shows the main purpose of your idea or project. It could be an initial idea to be implemented or a project that already has demonstrated impact.
Lastly, all AYV Award winners will receive cash grants to help fund their great ideas.
Start Filming Today!
Think it’s hard to create a video in such a short amount of time? Think again! Try out applications on your smart devices such as Adobe Premiere Clip to create your Social Venture video. Have fun with the video, captivate your audience, and communicate clearly.
To be eligible for the contest, you must be between the ages of 13-19 years old. Entries are being accepted now until April 20, 2015. Please go to the submissions page to apply today!
What should be in your video?
In your project, you must include the following five elements:
- Introduce yourself. Our audience wants to know who you are and what you’re passionate about. Where are you located and where will this be implemented?"
- Share the social issue or challenge you care about. What challenges are you addressing?
- Explain your idea. Go into detail and be as specific as possible. What inspires you to do it? What change are you creating?
- Talk about how the AYV Awards cash grant can help you achieve your solution to produce actual change. What kind of impact will this project have on your community?
- Show what you have already done and how you intend to move forward.
This video must be a visual interpretation of original youth-produced stories, using original video footage that is tied to the stories and messages of their projects.
- Media must be in video format
- Video length – up to 5 minutes
Winning projects receive:
- Adobe software
- Cash grants
- Mentorship from Ashoka's Youth Venture
- All first prize winners will be invited to California, USA to attend an Adobe Youth Voices Event.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more