31st All India Essay Contest On Nuclear Science & Technology 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) invites essay entries for the 31st All India Essay Contest On Nuclear Science & Technology. The essay contest is open to students pursuing full-time graduation in any discipline from an Indian University or Institute.
The essay contest aims to highlight the multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development. The best essay entries stand a chance to win a cash prize of up to INR 25,000.
31st All India Essay Contest On Nuclear Science & Technology 2019 DeadlineClosed
- Any student who is pursuing a regular full-time graduation course in any discipline from an Indian university or an institute deemed to be a university can apply for the contest.
Note: The students who have already won prizes (including consolation prizes) in earlier essay contests are not eligible to apply.
- Three winners for the first prize (one for each topic) will receive a cash prize of INR 25,000 each.
- Three winners for the second prize (one for each topic) will receive a cash prize of INR 20,000 each.
- Three winners for the third prize (one for each topic) will receive a cash prize of INR 15,000 each.
- Students who make an oral presentation but do not secure first, second or third prize will receive a consolation prize of INR 7,000 each.
- Also, the students who will be called for oral presentation in Mumbai will receive rail fare of to and fro AC 3-tier by the shortest route. The claim for rail fare reimbursement will be restricted to the journey performed by ordinary express/mail train in AC 3-Tier.
- They will also get boarding and lodging in the guest house of BARC at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai during the authorized period of stay.
Documents How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can send their entries by post through following steps -
Step 1: Choose one of the specified topics to write the essay.
Step 2: Write an essay on the given topic in not more than 2000 words.
Step 3: Attach bonafide studentship certificate issued by the Principal of College/Institute.
Step 4: Take a separate detachable sheet and mention the information like -
- Name of the applicant
- Address, contact number and email id of the college/institute
- Address, contact number and email of the applicant
Step 5: Send the entry by post to -
Assistant Personnel Officer,
Public Awareness Division,
Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India,
Anushakti Bhavan, CSM Marg, Mumbai 400 001
Note: Entries through e-mail or telefax will not be accepted.
- Closing date for sending essays- 2nd August 2019
- Oral presentation in Mumbai- Last week of October 2019
- Distribution of prizes- 30th October 2019
- Initially, up to 36 essays will be selected and their authors will be invited for an oral presentation to be held in Mumbai in the last week of October 2019.
- The final selection will be made on the basis of the quality of the essay as well as performance in the oral presentation.
Terms and Conditions
- The students are required to write an essay on any of the following topics -
- Long Term Energy Security and Sustainable Development in India - Role of Nuclear Power
- Advances in Radioisotope and Isotope Technologies
- Science and Technology of Plasma for Mankind and Safe Environment
- The introduction of the essay should not be more than 350 words highlighting the multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development and their use in overall societal development in the country.
- The detailed essay should not exceed 1500 words.
- The conclusion of the essay should be up to 150 words.
- In all, the entire essay should not exceed 2000 words.
- Essays should be submitted by a single author and can be written in any official Indian language or English.
Find more details here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more