2nd National Level Essay Writing Contest, SMVDU 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) invites all students who enjoy writing to participate in the 2nd National Level Essay Contest. The essay contest aims to provide a platform to all students having brilliant writing skills to express their unique and beautiful thoughts. Students from anywhere across the country can submit 2000- to 5000-word essays and win cash prizes worth up to INR 10,000.
2nd National Level Essay Writing Contest, SMVDU 2019 DeadlineClosed
The essay contest is open to all students who have a passion for writing and wish to exhibit their skills on a bigger platform. There are no participation restrictions in terms of age, nationality, or area. The following students can participate in the essay contest:
- College students
- University students
- Institute students
of Under-Graduation and Post-Graduation Programs.
The best essay entries will be honoured with Appreciation Certificates and cash prizes in the following manner:
- Cash award of INR 10,000 for 1st prize
- Cash award of INR 5,000 for 2nd prize
- Cash award of INR 2,000 for 3rd prize
- Cash award of INR 1,000 as a consolation prize (to 5 candidates)
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to enter the essay contest:
Step 1: Write a 2000- to 5000-word essay on any of the given topics.
Step 2: Submit the essays on the link given on the SMVDU website or here.
Step 3: Send the hard copy of the essays along with the application form to Contest/Event Coordinator at the below address:
Dr. Supran Kumar Sharma
Associate Professor, School of Business
Event Coordinator and Faculty I/c Central Library
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
Kakryal, Katra – 182320, J&K (India)
Terms and Conditions
Topics for the essay competition:
- Jobs versus Start-ups: Options & Opportunities
- Social Networking Sites: Advantages & Disadvantages
- Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Terms and conditions:
- The essay should be written in Hindi or English only.
- The submitted essays should be plagiarism free. If found plagiarised, the essays will be rejected.
- The essays should be submitted in MS word format only. No PDFs will be accepted.
- The font style 'Times New Roman' should be used with the font size 12 while writing the essay in English.
- The font style 'Kruti Dev' should be used with the font size 12 while writing the essay in Hindi.
- Students can submit only one essay.
- Co-authored essays can be submitted.
Find more details here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more