UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications for UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC) 2020 from MPhil/PhD students. The selection for the award of fellowship will be made on the basis of merit of each UGC-NET-JRF or CSIR-NET-JRF examination and will be made twice a year. Selected fellows will receive a fellowship amount of up to INR 35,000 per month and a contingency grant of up to INR 25,000 per annum.
UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC) 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be pursuing research leading to the award of MPhil/PhD
- Have qualified UGC-NET-JRF or CSIR-NET-JRF examination
Selected fellows will receive the following benefits -
- A fellowship amount of INR 31,000 per month for the initial two years (as JRF) and INR 35,000 per month the remaining years (as SRF)
- A contingency grant of INR 10,000 per annum for initial two years and INR 20,500 per annum for remaining tenure (for Humanities and Social Sciences)
- A contingency grant of INR 12,000 per annum for initial two years and INR 25,000 per annum for remaining tenure (for Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Escort reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month (for Divyang scholars)
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the link and download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Attach the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application to the respective institution.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020
The selection will be made on the basis of merit of each UGC-NET-JRF or CSIR-NET-JRF examination and will be made twice in a year.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship will be payable from the date of issue of the result of NFSC (in case, the candidate is already pursuing MPhil/PhD) OR from the actual date of joining MPhil/PhD, whichever is later.
- Read the guidelines of the scheme and the notification thoroughly.
- For claiming the fellowship the candidates are advised to fill in the 'Verification Form cum Joining Report' and submit it to the officials concerned of their institutions.
- The fellowship amount shall be disbursed by UGC directly into the bank account of the Awardee.
- The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of five years.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more