NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 02-11-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022 is an opportunity offered by NHPC Limited (an Indian government hydropower board under the ownership of the Ministry of Power, Government of India) to upcoming sports persons for 16 games including - Football, Kabaddi, Hockey, Boxing, Archery, Athletics, Shooting, Cricket, Swimming, Wrestling, Volleyball, Bridge, Table Tennis, Chess, Badminton and Para sports. The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of up to INR 14,000 for a duration of 3 years.
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be between the age of 14 to 19 years (for junior players)
- be between the age of 14 to 24 years (for para-sports)
For Elite Scholars -
- be representing the country at the junior or senior level (in a team game)
- have secured a National ranking between 1-5 in juniors or sub-juniors or semifinalist/finalist in the national championship (in the individual game)
- possess a licence issued by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI)/National ranking between 1-5 by PCI [in para-sports (Individual Sports)]
For Scholars -
- be representing the state team at the junior or senior level (in a team game)
- have secured a National ranking between 6-15 in juniors or sub-juniors or semifinalist/finalist in the national championship (In individual game)
- possess a licence issued by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI)/National Ranking between 6-15 by PCI [in para-sports (Individual Sports)]
The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of INR 14,000 for a duration of 3 years.
Breakdown of the monthly stipend payable:
Category Stipend in INR (1st year) Stipend in INR (2nd year) Stipend in INR (3rd year) Scholar 9,000 10,000 11,000 Elite Scholar 12,000 13,000 14,000
- A maximum of INR 5,000 will be provided to each scholar every year upon submitting the original bills towards the purchase of a sports kit.
- A maximum amount of INR 48,000 in a year towards DA/travel/hotel accommodation/conveyance etc. for scholars (individual game only) taking part in a maximum of 6 All India Ranking tournaments is permissible on the production of original bills.
Note - No provision has been kept for DA/travel/hotel accommodation/conveyance etc. in team games.
- Self-attested photocopy of date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Qualification certificates
- Government-issued identification card (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/Passport)
- Annexure – I signed by the applicant and parent/ guardian
- Annexure – II signed by the parent/guardian of the applicant and attested by a gazetted officer
Note - For annexure format, refer to the 'Scholarship Help Document'.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below and read the details.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Application Form’ to download and take a printout of it.
Step 4: Fill in the form and send it along with all required documents to the below-mentioned address –
Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator
Corporate Communication Department,
Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003
Application End Date – 19th December 2022
All applications received within the stipulated time shall be considered by a committee duly constituted by NHPC.
Terms and Conditions
- In case there are more eligible applicants than the number of sponsorship offered in particular sports, the order of preference will be as under -
- An applicant who is Ward (Son/Daughter) of NHPC employee
- An applicant from project-affected families of NHPC Projects subject to submission of certificate in this regard
- An applicant qualified for Elite Scholars Category
- An applicant has received -
- a maximum number of 1st ranks/gold medals
- a maximum number of 2nd ranks/silver medals
- a maximum number of 3rd ranks/bronze
- An applicant of older age will get preference over applicant of younger age
- NHPC Limited has no obligation to provide employment to the candidates after completing the scholarship programme.
- Applications will be recommended by the appropriate Authority/Institution.
- The period of the sports scholarship will not be extended more than three years. Upon the dissatisfactory performance of the players, the NHPC has all the right to discontinue the scholarship for the particular player.
- There is no obligation on the part of NHPC to give employment to the NHPC Sports Scholars.
- The Management of NHPC may amend the prescribed sports scholarship amount from time to time.
- The selection of sports scholars for the scholarship will be made by inviting applications from interested sports scholars at the website of the company announcing the availability of the NHPC scholarship.
- The application will be routed through and recommended by the appropriate Authority/Institution (such as the Head/Principal of the Institution/School) along with a certified copy of the standing of the sports scholar in appropriate National/State level issued by the concerned Sports Authority.
Note - For detailed information, kindly refer to the Scholarship Help Document.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more