International Legal Essay Competition 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The ILSA (International Law Students Association) and Law College Dehradun (an affiliated college of Uttaranchal University) under its ILSA LCD chapter invite entries for International Legal Essay Competition 2019 from students pursuing graduate or postgraduate course in Humanitarian Law. The idea behind this competition is to encourage and develop the aptitude of a student to think on a Universal Legal Outlook. ‘International Law Regime 2019’ focusing on International Humanitarian Law is the central theme of the essay and participants can choose a topic of their choice related to International Humanitarian Law.
International Legal Essay Competition 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this competition, a candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an LL.B. course for three or five years in the academic year 2018-19 from any recognised institute/ college/ university/ law school, OR
- Be currently enrolled in an LL.M course for the academic year 2019-20 from a recognised university/college/ Law School, OR
- Be pursuing Undergraduate/Postgraduate courses in the academic year 2018-19 related to Humanitarian Law.
Note: Law students pursuing their courses from anywhere in the world are also eligible to submit their entries.
- First Prize- INR 25,000
- Second Prize- INR 15,000
- Third Prize- 10,000
- Five consolation prizes- INR 3,000 each
- A Certificate of Merit to the top 10 highest scorers.
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants after the announcement of results.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Register for the competition by submitting an Abstract of about 250-300 words on the chosen topic and cover letter with complete details via email to the organisers of the contest at email@example.com on or before the deadline of 7th July 2019.
Step 2: Upon successful submission of the Abstract, participants will receive a unique UIN as proof of their registration.
Step 3: Send the soft copies of completed essays to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line - "Essay Submission from UIN*****". (Note: UIN shall be 5-digit/character number).
Last date for Abstract submission: 7 July 2019
Essay submission deadline: 15 August 2019
Results: Last week of September 2019
Selections will be made on the basis of following points:
Submitted entries will be assessed on a scale of 100.
The evaluation will take place in several rounds and participants shall be informed about the analysis of their submission after each round till they reach the final evaluation stage.
Essays will be evaluated based on the criteria indicated below:
- Originality and clarity of thoughts (20 marks)
- Articulate and proper analysis (20 marks)
- The uniqueness of the content (20 marks)
- Effective presentation and well-organized construction of the essay (20 marks)
- Correct usage of Grammar and Language (20 marks)
Terms and Conditions
- Participants are required to submit their original work only. If any submission is found to be published or is sent for publication elsewhere shall be deemed disqualified.
- Applicants are required to upload their submission in both pdf and word formats.
- More than 25% of plagiarism in the content will lead to rejection of the entry.
- The author(s) shall not claim for any fee or compensation and the organizers have the sole right to publish the content anywhere.
- The decision of the selection panel shall be final and binding and cannot be challenged by an individual or a group.
- In the case of any copyright infringement, the administrators shall not be held responsible and the participant has to resolve the legal disputes.
- The organizing committee holds all the rights to postpone, cancel or defer the competition in case of any exigency and is not bound to provide any clarification for the same.
- A maximum number of 2 students can co-author one essay and one submission shall be considered enough to include both. A separate submission is not required.
- Students are requested to submit their entries only once as duplicate entries will lead to debarment and rejection.
- The essays should be submitted in the English language.
- The word limit of the essay is 3000 to 5000 words (including footnotes or any other references).
- The name of the file should be saved with the UIN number.
- The essay should be written in Times New Roman font with font size 10 and single line spacing.
- The essays should also contain a 1-inch margin on all four sides.
For guidelines related to penalties and formatting of the content, visit here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more