The Bhumi Fellowship 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Bhumi Fellowship is an initiative of Bhumi, a non-governmental organisation (NGO), that aims to create a cadre of changemakers who transform schools in the short-term and lead the next movement in education in the long-term. The fellowship is a two-year, non-residential programme for young graduates committed to improving the quality of education in India.
Profile of Bhumi Fellows
The Bhumi fellows will get an opportunity to engage in following teaching and capacity building activities:
- Teaching grade 3-5 children foundational literacy (English) and numeracy (Mathematics)
- Capacity development of teachers through sharing and learning circles
- Leadership development for school leaders/HMs
- Strengthening parental participation and investment
- Identifying problems faced by the school/community and designing solutions
The Bhumi Fellowship 2021-22
Open for candidates who –
- Are final year students/graduates between 20 and 30 years of age
- Have past volunteering or work experience in any field
- Are passionate about transforming the education system
- Are willing to commit to a two-year full-time fellowship
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits –
- A monthly grant of INR 18,000
- All program-related expenses like phone, travel, and stationery will be reimbursed additionally as per policy
No documents are required at the time of application.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Log in to Buddy4Study with your registered ID.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the official website of the Bhumi Fellowship.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Register’ button to proceed with the registration.
Step 5: Fill in all required details and submit.
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
044-43009443 (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this fellowship program?
The selection of fellows for the Bhumi Fellowship involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Telephonic Interview
- Final Selection
What is the duration of the fellowship?
The fellowship is tenable for two years only.
Where will the fellowship be conducted?
The fellowship programme activities will be conducted in and around Chennai.
What opportunities will be available to the fellows after the completion of the fellowship?
After the two-year fellowship, the fellows will have the opportunity to –
- Lead a cluster of 3 to 5 schools
- Transform the education ecosystem in their community
- Set-up their own organization
I am in my final year and waiting to know about my exams. Can I apply?
Yes, you can apply for this fellowship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Sahil Govekar on 31-Jul-2021
Dimple Thapa on 05-Aug-2021
No. You are not eligible to apply for the Bhumi Fellowship. It is open for final year students/graduates between 20 and 30 years of age.
Asked by Priya Yadav on 08-Jul-2021
Naveen Thapa on 31-Jul-2021
Do I apply I live in Chandigarh?
Dimple Thapa on 08-Jul-2021
This is a full-time fellowship and its activities will be conducted in and around Chennai.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more