Tata Imagination Challenge 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Tata Imagination Challenge 2022 is India’s largest ideation competition conducted by the Tata Group for college students across India (students track) and Tata employees anywhere in the world (in-house track) to share their ideas that can make a difference. Under this challenge, undergraduate/postgraduate students and permanent employees of any Tata company can share their ideas that are mindful of the Tata ethos.
The ideas can be from any discipline such as technology, sustainability, sciences, economics, social change, design, arts, global, entrepreneurship, healthcare, and more. A total of 13 winners (10 from the student track and 3 from the in-house track) will receive exciting prizes, including an INR 2 lakh cash prize, and enjoy accelerated entry into TAS selections (subject to TAS eligibility).
Tata Group is an Indian public multinational conglomerate manufacturer of automobiles, airplanes and other products, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Founded in 1868 by Jamshedji Tata, the company gained international recognition after purchasing several global companies. It is one of the biggest and oldest industrial groups in India. Unstop (Formerly Dare2Compete) is the organising partner for this challenge.
Tata Imagination Challenge 2022
For student track
- Open for college-going students enrolled in a regular or full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course (any stream) in a university/college in India.
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 schooling or equivalent.
- Candidates pursuing courses approved by AICTE or UGC or 1-year management courses by business schools are also eligible.
- The classes for their current academic year must have begun.
For in-house track
Permanent employees of any Tata company or Tata joint venture company, globally (Including those who are on sabbatical) can apply.
- Students who have been offered admission but their classes haven’t started
- Students who have enrolled in a correspondence/distance education course
- Students who have already passed out of college or completed their courses
- Students who are not pursuing full-time courses
- Students on sabbatical from their current employer (Non-Tata)
- Working professional who is not on the permanent roll of Tata group companies or Tata Joint Venture companies
- Professionals on the rolls of the JV partner of the Tata joint venture company
- Cash Prize of INR 2 lakh each to all Grand Finale Winners
- Accelerated entry into TAS (As per TAS eligibility criteria)
- Tata Trail: In-person visits and conversations at some of Tata Group’s iconic companies
- Vouchers and discounts from Tata brands
- Access to Tata Tomorrow University (learning portal - www.tmtctata.com)
- Nomination to flagship learning programs
- Participation Certificate for all the candidates
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will be redirected to the official application page of ‘Tata Imagination Challenge’.
- Click on ‘Register’ button to register for the Tata Imagination Challenge 2022 and choose your track.
- Fill in all the details and submit.
- Begin the Challenge.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How will I be selected for this challenge?
All the submitted ideas will be evaluated on the basis of the following parameters on which the selection will be made -
- Originality in thought process
- Robustness of the solution
- Approach Adopted
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge about the idea and all the aspects being presented during the final pitch
Q. What will be the structure of this competition?
The competition structure comprises the following activities and rounds -
- Treasure hunt
- Round 1 - Tata Brand Assessment - Answer 20 multiple-choice questions in 30 minutes to test your knowledge of Tata companies, brands, and stories.
- Round 2 - Gamified Assessment - Participants who qualify move on to the next round, where you enjoy an interactive and exciting 30-minute gamified assessment
- Round 3 - Video Pitch Submissions - Record and send a two-minute video pitch for your idea, detailing the problem you wish to address and explaining your proposed solution. The videos should be face to camera, saved in .MP4 format and less than 10 MB in file size. You can convert and compress your videos at https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4 Also, answer three questions on your idea in an asynchronous format.
- Idea Buddy Phase - Each candidate shortlisted after Round 3 will be matched with a young Tata leader. Your ‘Idea Buddy’ will help you develop and polish your idea for the next round.
- Round 4: Grand Finale - Finalists will present an ‘Elevator Pitch’ of their idea to a panel of senior Tata leaders, and a ‘Personal Pitch’ on their life and career aspirations. This may be in person or virtually, depending on the situation. The Grand Finale will be organized in the second week of November.
Q. What additional benefits will I get from this competition?
Apart from the prizes and benefits offered to the winners, there will be other benefits too for the participants which are detailed below -
- Popular Choice Awards: Top 3 ideas to be awarded by Popular Choice. In this round, all ideas will be open for voting and the 3 most-voted ideas will receive prizes. This will be independent of the jury assessments
- Certificate of Participation for top scorers in each discipline in Round 1
- “#settleformore Idea”: Apart from the participants and ideas that make it to Round 3, unique ideas would be identified, acknowledged and Tata brand vouchers will be awarded
- Certificate of appreciation for participants of Round 3
- Tata brand vouchers for treasure hunt winners
Q. What are the important dates and timelines related to this competition?
- Last date to register - September 15, 2022
- Round 1 (Tata brand assessment round) deadline - September 17, 2022
- Round 2 (Gamified Assessment Round) deadline - September 23, 2022
- Deadline to submit video pitch and 3 questions - October 06, 2022
- Idea Buddy Phase - October 17, 2022
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more