Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme is a CSR initiative launched by Haleon India, makers of Sensodyne in partnership with Buddy4Study (B4S) and Indian Dental Association (IDA). The programme offers financial support to meritorious, underprivileged students from across India who are pursuing 4-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses in government or Government aided colleges. As part of Haleon India’s CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative, 57 deserving students pursuing first-year BDS in Government colleges or Government-funded colleges will be selected and offered scholarships. Following an evaluation conducted by IDA and B4S and subject to the eligibility criteria, selected students will receive a financial assistance of INR 4,20,000 (INR 1,05,000 per year) for 4 years to support their academic and living expenses.
Haleon is a global leader in the consumer healthcare sector, home to category-leading brands with a clear purpose to deliver better everyday health to humanity. Haleon India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) is a leading fast-moving consumer healthcare company, and its product portfolio spans across – Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory Health, Digestive Health and Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements (VMS). Their long-standing brands – Sensodyne, Eno, Iodex, Otrivin, Crocin, Polident, Parodontax and Centrum - play a vital role in improving everyday health and wellness. The company’s science is founded on deep human understanding, listening, and tuning our research to deliver precisely what the consumer needs. Nothing drives them more than going beyond. To deliver innovation, to help you enjoy a better life.
About Indian Dental Association (IDA):
As a flag bearer of oral health, the Indian Dental Association (IDA) believes in supporting bright and deserving students to graduate and excel as dental professionals. IDA stands by the financially underprivileged and hardworking students who desire to carve out a new path for themselves and thus become the flagbearers of IDA’s vision of “Improving oral health and quality of life”. IDA is the official Knowledge Partner for the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship programme.
About Give Grants:
Haleon India partnered with Give Grants to oversee and execute all its CSR programmes. Give Grants enables corporates, foundations and High Net-worth Individuals (HNIs) to deliver maximum social impact. Using technology to enhance effectiveness and guided by a focus on making a difference, the company supports the entire grant-making life cycle. Together with their network of 3000+ trusted non-profits, Give Grants has served 300+ partners to make their grant-making journey convenient and compliant while maximizing impact.
Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Program 2023-24
- Open for students pursuing their first year in the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme from government or government-funded colleges only.
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 60% in their Higher Secondary Education.
- Annual family income of the applicants should not be more than INR 8,00,000/- from all sources.
- Students from pan-India are eligible to apply.
- Once selected, the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholars must maintain a minimum 60% score in each semester/year to continue availing the Scholarship renewal.
- Children or family members of employees of Haleon, IDA, Give India & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Each shortlisted Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholar will receive INR 1,05,000 per year, for 4 years of BDS course to support their academic and living expenses incurred. Subject to the condition that the selected scholar will maintain a minimum 60% score in each semester/year, the scholar shall receive an amount totalling INR 4,20,000.
Please Note: The scholarship can be utilized only for academic expenses such as tuition fees, hostel fees, food, internet, mobile, laptop, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Marksheet of the previous class/semester
- Government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar/Voter ID/Driving License/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (Fee Receipt/Admission Letter/Institution ID card/ Bonafide Certificate)
- Family income proof (Government-issued documents – tax return, income certificate from local administration, EWS (Economic Weaker Section) certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant or parent
- Photograph of the applicant
Please Note: Second year onwards, the scholars need to submit an academic grade report of the last exam passed and a character certificate from their college to get the scholarship for the subsequent years.
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext- 301) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 06:00 PM (IST))email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this scholarship programme?
The selection of scholars for the ‘Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme 2023-24’ will be made based on their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants based on their academic merit (60%) and annual family income (less than INR 8,00,000) provided during the application process.
- Document verification of the shortlisted candidates.
- Evaluation of shortlisted candidates vide telephonic interview by IDA and Buddy4study.
- Final list of selected candidates will be prepared by Buddy4study and IDA.
If selected, how will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the scholars’ bank account on a yearly basis.
Will this scholarship be continued for my 4 years of BDS course?
Yes, based on the following criteria, scholars can be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years:
- no dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- no disciplinary issues
- academic performance with at least 60% marks every year/semester.
The scholars are also required to upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system to receive the scholarship for subsequent years -
- Proof of continuity of education in subsequent years (Academic grade report of the last exam passed)
- Character certificate
- Tuition fee receipt for the new academic year
I am in the first year of my MBBS programme. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No. This scholarship is only open to students enrolled in the first year of BDS programme.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more