Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme is a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) focused towards providing financial support to underprivileged and meritorious Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) students across India. Under this scholarship programme, 100 deserving students will be selected who are pursuing their first year of BDS course in Government colleges or Government funded colleges. Each selected students will be provided with financial assistance of INR 1,05,000 per year, for their 4 years, to support their academic and living expenses incurred towards their BDS programme.
About HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare): HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) is global leader in consumer healthcare sector, with brands trusted by millions of consumers. These brands are built on trusted science, innovation and deep human understanding. In India the company employs over 500 employees and has category-leading brands such as Sensodyne, Eno, Crocin, Otrivin, Ostocalcium and iodex. We are united by our purpose of delivering better everyday health with humanity. Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme has been designed to ensure that students achieve their goals of pursuing professional dental education without any financial hindrances.
Indian Dental Association (IDA): As a flag bearer of oral health, Indian Dental Association (IDA) believes in supporting bright and deserving students to graduate and excel as dental professionals. IDA stands by the financially underprivileged and hardworking students who desire to carve out a new path for themselves and thus become the flagbearers of IDA’s vision of “Improving oral health and quality of life”. IDA is the official knowledge partner for this scholarship programme.
HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) has partnered with Goodera, a technology platform that makes CSR, volunteering and sustainability activity transparent, measurable and engaging as the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) partner for its CSR initiatives.
Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme
- Open for students pursuing their first-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme only from government and government-funded colleges.
- Applicant must have scored a minimum of 60% in their Higher Secondary Education. (NOTE: Successful applicant has to maintain a minimum 60% score in each semester/year to continue availing the benefits for their 4 years course.)
- Annual family income of the applicants should not be more than INR 8,00,000/- from all sources.
- Children or family members of employees of HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare), IDA, Goodera & Buddy4Study are not eligible.
- Students from pan-India can apply.
Each successfully selected student will receive INR 1,05,000 per year for 4 years of BDS Course.
NOTE: The scholarship amount can be utilized only for academic expenses such as tuition fees, hostel fees, food, internet, mobile, laptop, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Marksheet of the previous class/semester
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card/voter id card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution ID card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (Government-issued documents such as tax return, income certificate from local administration, EWS (Economic Weaker Section) certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant or parent
- Photograph of the applicant
Note: From the second year onwards, the scholar needs to submit a character certificate from College.
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext- 301) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this scholarship programme?
The selection of scholars for the ‘Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme’ will be made based on their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interview with the shortlisted candidates by IDA and Buddy4study.
- Document verification of the shortlisted candidates
- Final list of selected candidates will be prepared by Buddy4study and IDA based on merit and financial need.
If selected, how will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount will be transferred (on annual basis) directly to the scholars’ bank account.
Will this scholarship be provided for subsequent years of studies?
Yes, based on the following criteria, scholars can be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years:
- no dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- no disciplinary issues
- academic performance with at least 60% marks every year
The scholars are also required to upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system to receive the scholarship for subsequent years -
- Proof of continuity of education in subsequent years (Academic grade report of the last exam passed)
- Character certificate
- Tuition fee receipt for the new academic year
NOTE: Final decision of scholarship renewal for existing scholars will lie with the sponsor based on fund availability.
I am in the first year of my MBBS programme. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No. This scholarship is only open for first-year BDS students.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more