Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Reliance has been providing scholarships to meritorious students for over 25 years, inspired by Reliance Founder-Chairman Shri Dhirubhai Ambani’s belief that the best way to ensure the nation’s progress is to invest in its youth.
In 2023-2024, Reliance Foundation will support up to 100 of India’s brightest postgraduate students studying eligible subjects in new technologies through the Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
The aim of this scholarship is to nurture and empower meritorious students and work together to generate robust, vibrant and engaged alumni networks, enabling scholars to pursue higher education, emerge as young professionals, and drive India’s growth.
Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
The Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships aim to enable and propel India’s future leaders who can think big, think green, and think digital for the benefit of society.
Through this Scholarship, Reliance Foundation will select up to 100 students in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Sciences, Mathematics & Computing, Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable and New Energy, Material Sciences and Engineering, and Life Sciences on the basis of merit through a rigorous selection process.
The Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships will support students with a generous grant and a holistic development programme, including expert interactions, industry exposure and volunteering opportunities, creating a cohort of excellent innovation for social good each year.
Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited, aims to play a catalytic role in addressing India’s development challenges through innovative and sustainable solutions. Led by Founder-Chairperson Smt. Nita Ambani, Reliance Foundation is relentlessly working to facilitate transformative changes for the overall well-being and higher quality of life for all. Reliance Foundation is focused on addressing the nation’s development challenges in rural transformation, education, health, sports for development, disaster management, women empowerment, urban renewal and arts, culture & heritage, and has touched the lives of more than 71 million people across India in more than 54,800 villages and several urban locations.
Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships 2023-24
Students who are enrolled in the first-year full-time regular postgraduate degree programme in the following streams can only apply for this scholarship:
Mathematics and Computing
Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
Renewable and New Energy
Material Sciences & Engineering
Must have secured 550 to 1,000 in the GATE examination
Must have scored 7.5 or above in their undergraduate CGPA (or % normalised to CGPA) [If students have not attempted GATE]
Open for resident Indian citizens.
Up to INR 6,00,000 over the duration of the degree programme.
NOTE: Scholars will also benefit from additional engagement and development activities (including the chance to attend talks and workshops with leading global experts, opportunities to apply for mentoring/internships, volunteering opportunities, a strong alumni network and more), and will join a vibrant community of scholars that will be at the forefront of creating and building a new India.
The applicants are required to attach the following documents at the time of application -
Applicant’s Photograph (Passport size)
Address Proof (permanent address)
Marksheets of 10th and 12th Class Board Examination
Marksheet of GATE Entrance Examination (if applicable)
Official transcript/ Marksheet of undergraduate degree
Bonafide Student Certificate of current college/institution of enrollment
Two essays: Personal Statement and Statement of Purpose
2 Reference Letters: 1 academic and 1 character
Experience certificate/ letter/s from work experience/ internships (if applicable)
Official Disability Certificate issued by relevant Government authority (if applicable)
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land on the 'Online Application Form Page.'
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2023-24’ official page. Please note that your application form has to be submitted on the Reliance Foundation official page.
- Fill out the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
- If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, you will be sent an email invitation with log-in information to apply through Reliance Foundation’s application portal.
- Log in to the application portal using the username and password received in the email.
- Fill out the scholarship application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application.
- All applicants are required to complete an online aptitude test as part of their application.
- Once the application is submitted, the applicants will receive a confirmation email that will include the date/time of the online exam and instructions for performing a system compatibility check.
- Applicants will receive an email with the final exam unique link and a unique link to perform a practice test (optional but recommended) one week before the final test.
- Applications will be considered complete only when you have completed the aptitude test. Scores will be directly sent to Reliance Foundation once the test is submitted. Applicants will not be notified about their scores.
Facing difficulty in applying for the scholarship? CHECK OUT APPLICATION MANUAL HERE.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
For PG Scholarship - RF.PGScholarships@reliancefoundation.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How are Reliance Foundation Scholarships paid?
By direct transfer into students’ bank accounts on a yearly basis.
How are the Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholars selected?
The Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships will identify and select the best and brightest students in India through a rigorous and competitive selection process. The Reliance Foundation welcomes applicants from all socio-economic backgrounds and scholarships will be granted on the basis of merit. Additional consideration may also be given to applicants from underprivileged sections of society and specially-abled candidates.
What is the scholarship aptitude test?
All applicants are required to complete an online aptitude test as part of their application.
The aptitude test will be a proctored, multiple-choice exam (non-adaptive). Students can take the test from anywhere online and should complete the test on their own, in a quiet space, with no external support and no access to technology outside of the test screen.
Aptitude Test Dos:
- Take the assessment in full-screen
- Keep your face identifiable in the video feed at all times
- Keep your camera and microphone on at all times
- Share your screen feed before attempting the test
Aptitude Test Don’ts:
- Don’t open different windows or tabs on your browser
- Don’t have anyone else in the room
- Don’t make anyone else take your test
- There should be no conversation or noise in the background
Specially-abled students will be able to indicate whether they need assistance to take the aptitude test, and the type of assistance needed when submitting their application form. The exam proctors will be notified and will accommodate as necessary.
What is the format and content of the aptitude test?
Students will have 60 minutes to complete three sections that will test them on the three abilities below. All questions are multiple-choice. Specially-abled students will get 30 minutes extra to complete the test (10 minutes extra for each section).
- Verbal Ability - Tests an individual’s word power ability in spotting errors, sentence completion, attributes of Grammar, reading comprehension etc., to primarily understand the depth of knowledge in the English language.
- Analytical and Logical Ability – Tests an individual’s ability to analyze the given situation, break down the problem situation, identify the root cause, and provide solutions. This ability helps an individual to help foresee a problem and plan a solution accordingly.
- Numerical Ability - Tests an individual’s ability to solve mathematical problems using their capable reasoning skill to interpret, analyze and arrive at a conclusion with attributes such as ratios, percentages, number sequence, data interpretation, etc.
What is the structure and marking scheme of the aptitude test?
No. of Multiple Choice Questions
Analytical and Logical Ability
*- Specially-abled students will get 10 extra minutes per section (90 minutes total)
Do I have to pay a fee to take the aptitude test?
There is no fee payable for taking the aptitude test.
By when can a student submit the reference letters for the Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship?
The last date to submit the reference letters is December 24, 2023.
What values must scholars embody to get selected for the Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2023-24?
The Reliance Foundation is looking for scholars who possess the following values:
Scholars who are committed to excellence, in spirit and action, in everything they pursue, both academic and non-academic. Scholars who have a mindset of giving their best, seeking new and better ways to approach challenges and continually working to improve themselves.
Scholars who have the potential and ambition to become India's and the World’s Leaders of Tomorrow.
Scholars who strive to be honest and forthright. They take accountability and responsibility for their actions, decisions, and behaviours.
Scholars who show a moral force of character and instinct to lead in their communities for the advancement of society. Scholars who commit to work for the social good and give back to society.
Embodying Reliance’s spirit that “Growth is Life”, the foundation is looking for scholars who dream big and have an ever-evolving spirit. They possess a love of learning and continually strive to develop and improve themselves and support others to do the same.
Scholars who are resilient, patient, and tenacious. Students who embrace challenges with passion and conviction as opportunities to grow.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more