Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Legrand is launching the new edition of the Legrand Scholarship program as the “Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program” under its CSR initiative to provide financial support to meritorious girl students with widened eligibility categories for the students to avail of this support. Lighting up millions of Indian homes, Legrand has been continuously empowering girl students to pursue higher education and become future women leaders in the field of Engineering and Architecture.
In Legrand’s aim to promote Diversity and Inclusion, from this year the Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program is extended to benefit differently-abled girl students and transgender students. Under this program of the Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program, 300+ girl students are getting benefited to date. In this new edition, Legrand aims to extend this Legrand Empowering Scholarship benefit to the students to study Finance and Science graduation apart from engineering and architecture fields. Academically promising girl students who have chosen to pursue B.Tech/BE/B.Arch. /Other graduation (Finance or Science) - BSC/BCOM/BBA/etc. will receive 60% of the annual course fee up to INR 60,000 per year and students in the special category* will receive 80% of the annual course fee up to INR 1,00,000 per year till the completion of their course based on their academic performances.
*Special category: Differently-abled students/transgender students/students with single parents/students who lost their parents due to COVID.
Legrand had been aiming to support the students from Architecture and Engineering backgrounds until this year, under this new edition of the Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program, Legrand is aiming to widen the students’ academic categories to other graduation courses.
About Legrand: Legrand is a global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructure. Based in Limoges, Legrand operates in 90 countries and has a market presence in over 180 countries. Legrand offers a wide range of products in the categories of Energy distribution, wiring devices, Home Automation, Structured Cabling, UPS, Lighting Management Solutions, Cable Management and Industrial application products.
- Legrand is widening its academic category to Finance and Science graduation program apart from the B.Tech and B.Arch. Courses.
- Scholarship support extended (25% seats) to Differently-abled girl students and Transgender students to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Mentoring support is provided to the selected scholarship beneficiaries by Legrand India. Industrial experts and subject matter experts to build women future leaders (first students mentorship batch launched in 2022).
- Internship assistance short/long term is offered exclusively to the scholarship beneficiaries across Legrand’s PAN India locations.
- Scholarship benefit is given till the end of the course based on the student’s performance.
Legrand Scholarship Program 2021-22
- Only for girls
- Must be an Indian
- Must have passed Class 12 in 2021
- Should have scored minimum 75% marks in Class 10 and Class 12 board exams
- Should be looking to start B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch programme in academic year 2021-22 at a recognized college/university in India
- Must have a total family income of less than INR 5 Lakh from all sources
- Students who lost their parents due to COVID-19 will be given preference
60% of annual academic fees up to INR 60,000 per year till the completion of the course based on the academic performance.
The applicants are required to attach the following documents -
- Photo ID card
- Age proof (Birth Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Class 10 school leaving certificate)
- Aadhaar Card (if Aadhaar Card is not available, an equivalent document for proof of address)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Family income certificate or Form 16 of parents/ bank statements of last 6 months
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of admission or college/university fee receipt
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the program through the following steps:
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to Legrand Scholarship application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
+91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 127) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the scholarship award and how it will be disbursed?
There are two categories of students among which the amount will be disbursed:
- Generic Category: All meritorious and deserving girl students.
- Scholarship award amount- 60% of the course fee up to the limit of 60,000/- (whichever is less) per annum until the completion of the course.
- Special Category: Differently-abled girl students, Transgender students and single parent students, and students who lost their parents due to COVID.
- Scholarship award amount- 80% of the course fee up to the limit of 1,00,000/- (whichever is less) per annum until the completion of the course.
Each year the eligible scholarship amount will be disbursed to the student’s given Indian account number after submitting the required documents (relevant fee receipts/college bonafide certificate/previous year mark sheet and bank proofs) through Legrand’s implementation partner, Buddy4Study Foundation (As per the payment cycle communicated).
- Generic Category: All meritorious and deserving girl students.
Can students of all specializations of Engineering and Architecture (Example: B.Tech in Footwear Production, Agriculture and Food Engineering, etc.) apply for this scholarship?
Yes, students with any chosen subjects/specializations in B.Tech, BE, B.Arch. or other courses - BBA, B.Com, BSc (Math and Science) may apply for this scholarship.
Can students of any graduation apply for this scholarship?
Apart from Engineering and Architecture, students from other graduation courses like B.Com, BSc – Science/Math, BBA can apply for this scholarship.
Are students who passed their Class 12 in 2021 eligible for this scholarship?
No, this scholarship is extended to the students who have cleared their class 12 in 2021-22 with a minimum of 70% marks in class 10 and 12 examinations. Exceptions are given to differently-abled female students and transgender students.
Where can the results for the Legrand Empowering Scholarship be checked?
To check the results of Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program, students would be required to visit this link.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I had applied for the scholarship in december and was selected for the interview but no further update has been provided. Therefore can you help me woth the same?
Asked by Hrishika Chakraborty on 16-Mar-2022
s akhil on 22-Mar-2022
Kindly share your registered mobile number for better assistance.
I am an awardee of the legrand scholarship last year. I need a call back from u regarding the submission of the fee receipt. my last year application id =3852581B4S18106
Asked by Veggalam Vishnu priya on 28-Feb-2022
s akhil on 28-Feb-2022
We are arranging a call back for you so that we can assist you better.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more