Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a collaborative CSR Project of Kotak Mahindra Group companies and Kotak Education Foundation to promote education and livelihood among economically disadvantaged sections of society. This scholarship aims to offer financial assistance to meritorious girl students from low-income families to empower them to pursue higher studies in the field of professional education after Class 12.
Under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023, girl students who have passed Class 12 and aspire to pursue professional graduation courses (including Engineering, MBBS, Architecture, Design, integrated LLB, etc) from institutes of repute (NAAC/NIRF accredited) will be provided scholarship of Rs. 1.5 lakh* per year to pay their educational expenses till the completion of their graduation (degree).
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions Apply. Scholarship selection and amount are based on fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India's leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group's flagship company, received a banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank - Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL).
Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) offers a wide range of financial services that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking to stock broking, mutual funds, life and general insurance and investment banking, the Group caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The premise of Kotak Mahindra Group’s business model is concentrated in India, diversified financial services. The bold vision that underscores the Group’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked. As on 30th June, 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has a PAN-India footprint of 1,612 branches and 2,591 ATMs, and branches in GIFT City and DIFC (Dubai). For more information, please visit the Company’s website at https://www.kotak.com
The following Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaboratively funding their CSR Project on Education & Livelihood – Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023, implemented with Kotak Education Foundation
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
About Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January 2007 with a mission to address urban poverty through education & livelihood initiatives. KEF works in the impoverished areas of Mumbai - slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc to empower children and youth from underprivileged families through various educational and vocational skills training programs to make them employable and lead a life with dignity. KEF’s scholarship for meritorious students includes financial assistance, mentoring and coaching sessions to assist those who have passed 10th standard , complete 12th standard and graduation. Further, school dropouts are provided support to rise above the poverty line through skilling and livelihood programmes. KEF is working with more than 140 schools, serving over 1,500 teachers and about 1,00,000 students.
Source: Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022
Deadline31-Jan-2023 EligibilityRead More
- Open for girl students across India.
- Meritorious girl students who have secured admission to first year graduation programme from institutes of repute (NAAC accredited/NIRF ranked) for professional academic pursuits such as professional graduate courses like Engineering, MBBS, Architecture, Design, integrated LLB, etc.
- Applicants must have scored 85% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in standard 12th board examinations.
- Applicant’s annual family income must be Rs 3,20,000 (Rupees Three Lakh Twenty Thousand) or less.
- Children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022.
Scholarship amount of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh* per year will be given to each selected scholar till completion of her professional graduation courses/degrees. The scholarship amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 can be utilized only to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees (applicable only for on-campus hostel), internet, laptop, books, and stationery.
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions Apply. Scholarship selection and amount is based on fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023
Deadline30-Nov-2023 EligibilityRead More
- Open for girl students across India.
- Applicants must have scored 85% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in Class 12 board examination.
- Applicant’s annual family income must be Rs. 6,00,000 (Rupees Six Lakh) or less.
- Meritorious girl students who have secured admission to first-year graduation programs in the Academic Year - 2023 from institutes of repute (NIRF/NAAC accredited) for professional academic pursuits such as professional graduation courses like:
- Integrated LLB (5 years) or
- Other professional courses (Design, Architecture etc)
- Children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023.
Scholarship amount of Rs. 1.5 lakh* per year will be given to each selected scholar till completion of her professional graduation course/degree. The scholarship amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023 should be utilized to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees, internet, transportation, laptop, books and stationery.
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions Apply. Scholarship selection and amount are based on fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext: 262) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 06:00 PM (IST))email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023?
The selection of scholars for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023-24 will be based on the academic merit and financial background of the applicants.
The selection is a multi-stage process as detailed below:
- Initial shortlisting of applicants will be based on academic merit and financial background
- Top performing (girl) students will appear for two (2) rounds of interviews
- The final selection and the awarding of the scholarship will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation
Will Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023 be renewed only for one year or more than one year?
The scholarship will be operational and run through till the completion of the girl student’s professional graduation degree or professional courses pursued alongside graduation. However, for the scholarship renewal in successive years, the scholars must fulfill the following renewal criteria:
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- No disciplinary issues
- Students should receive 6 CGPA yearly or should be promoted by the Institute to the next Academic Year. The criteria are to be decided by Kotak Education Foundation from time to time.
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the sole discretion of Kotak Education Foundation
If selected for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023, how will the selected scholar receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023 will be transferred on an annual basis to the selected scholar’s bank account. The parent or guardian’s bank account will be credited with the scholarship fund if the selected student is still a minor at the time of the scholarship selection. From the date the scholar turns eighteen (18), the scholarship amount will be transferred into the scholar's account.
Further, at the beginning of each semester, the scholar must upload the following documents to the online scholar’s performance tracking system.
- Fee structure and fee receipts of each academic year that they have progressed to the next academic year
- Academic mark sheet of every semester exam that they have passed
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
I am currently studying in the first year of my graduation and the stream is one of the eligible courses under the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship if you fulfill the rest of the eligibility conditions and provided you have already been admitted to the 1st year in the academic year 2023-24.
I have taken a year's break to prepare for the entrance exam. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes, you can apply if there is a 1 year break after the HSC exam.
How do I provide income proof?
You can submit an income certificate or ITR if applicable.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more