JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Established in 1892, The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship provides partial financial assistance to Indians who wish to pursue Postgraduate/Doctoral/Postdoctoral/Research studies abroad. Candidates who are selected for the loan scholarship may also be recommended for a partial ‘Travel Grant’ (a maximum of INR 50,000) and a ‘Gift Award’ from our allied Trusts as may at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. The gift award ranges between INR 2,00,000 and INR 7,50,000 and depends on the academic performance of the candidates in the course for which they are awarded the JN Tata Loan scholarship. The gift award will be considered only for those who submit the relevant academic performance proof such as a transcript and progress report.
The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship programme has helped over 5419 candidates in pursuing higher education opportunities abroad.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2022-23
- Candidates should be Indians, not older than 45 years as on 30th June 2022 and have completed at least one undergraduate degree OR who are in the final year of any undergraduate programme at a recognised university/college/institution in India.
- Candidates who are at the end of the 1st year and entering into the second year of their overseas studies (Fall 2022 – Spring 2023) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only if the minimum duration of the course is 2 years and there is at least one full academic year remaining to complete at the time of award of the loan scholarship, normally by July of any calendar year.
- Candidates must have scored at least 60% marks on average in their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
- The course to which candidates are admitted must be recognised as a Graduate Program (post-graduate in Indian terminology).
Loan scholarship up to INR 10 lakh
Only the Statement of Purpose and Letter of Recommendation. All scanned copies of the required documents must be submitted at the time of the interview.
How can you apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to start the application.
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
022-6665 7774 / 7198 / 7681 (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the loan scholarship?
The scholarship is offered at a simple interest of 2% per annum. However, Trustees may waive the interest if candidates repaid the loan by the end of the seventh year. The repayment schedule is in five equal installments of 20% between 3rd and 7th year.
What is the selection process for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship?
The selection process for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship involves a multi-stage process:
- Initial screening of the applications,
- Online test based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), and
- Interview of the candidates selected in the online test.
Can a candidate apply even if he/she does not have confirmed admission?
Yes, candidates who do not have confirmed admission from the universities they have applied to, can also apply. However, they must update the application status with the Endowment once admission is secured, by sending an appropriate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By when can a student apply for this loan scholarship?
The application registrations for J N Tata Endowment loan scholarship are closing on March 21, 2022. However, the last date for the final submission of applications is March 28, 2022.
Is there any other component?
Yes, there is a travel grant and a Gift award. The selected scholars may also be recommended for partial travel assistance - a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- and gift award from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. The gift award ranges between Rs. 2,00,000/- and Rs. 7,50,000/- and depends on the academic performance of the candidates in the course for which they are awarded the JN Tata Endowment loan scholarship. The gift award will be considered only for those who submit the relevant academic performance proof such as a transcript and progress report.
Are any documents required while submitting the application form?
Only the SoP and LoR. All scanned copies of the required documents must be submitted at the time of the interview.
Can the application be filled online?
Yes, candidates have to create a login ID and password to be able to apply. Please note that they may create only one Login ID using their email ID.
Can the candidates update their application form at a later stage?
Yes, candidates can update the status with the endowment through email.
How and when will the candidates get the status of their application form?
Candidates will know the status of their application on each level as it is communicated appropriately through an email between March and June.
Following are 3 levels involved in the application screening:-
- First level – candidates are shortlisted for an online test
- Second level – candidates are shortlisted for the interview
- Third level – JN Tata scholars selected based on performance at the interview
When are the interviews held?
The interviews are held between April and June.
Are the candidates reimbursed for their travel and accommodation for the loan scholarship interviews?
Candidates are not reimbursed for their travel and accommodation for the loan scholarship interviews. They have an option to take the video conference interview via Skype/Microsoft Teams/Zoom.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by AMIBEN PATEL on 13-Jan-2022
s akhil on 17-Feb-2022
If you are looking for scholarships to pursue studies abroad, you can go to the scholarship page of Buddy4Study and apply the 'Country' filter to search for scholarships matching your profile.
Is IELTS/GMAT/GRE are necessary to apply for this scholarship. I mean the student who has already given these exams in recent times are eligible for this scholarship. Because I've never given these exams So Can I apply for the scholarship??
Asked by Viplav Gupta on 12-Jan-2022
s akhil on 12-Jan-2022
Kindly confirm the scholarship name so that we can assist you better.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more