JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Established in 1892, the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship provides partial financial assistance to Indian students who wish to pursue Postgraduate/Doctoral/Postdoctoral/Research studies abroad. Students who are selected for their loan scholarship are entitled to receive a ‘Travel Grant’. They are also entitled to receive a ‘Gift Award’ which is linked to their academic performance. The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship programme has helped over 5,350 students in pursuing higher education opportunities abroad.
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2020-21 Deadline08-Mar-2021
- Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination. If you do not have an undergraduate degree from a recognised University in India, you are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are at the beginning of the second year of their overseas studies (Fall 2021– Spring 2022) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only if the minimum duration of the course is 2 years. J N Tata scholars who have fully repaid their existing loan scholarship are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2021-2022. However, they must update their application status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
- Candidates not older than 45 years as on 30th June 2021, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
- Candidates going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
BenefitsLoan scholarship up to INR 10 Lakh How can you apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to start the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the loan scholarship?
The scholarship is offered at a simple interest of 2% per annum. However, if students repaid the loan within the specified time period (between the end of 3rd and 7th year), the Trustees may waive the interest.
What is the selection process for this scholarship program?
The selection process for the J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship involves a multi-stage process. It involves –
- Initial screening of the applications
- Online test based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA)
- Interview of the candidates selected in the online test
Can a student apply even if he/she does not have confirmed admission?
Yes, the students who do not have confirmed admission from the universities they have applied to, can also apply.
Is there any gift award also?
Yes, the selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship based on their overseas academic performance and partial travel assistance. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of INR 7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of INR 50,000/-.
Are any documents required while submitting the application form?
Only the SoP and LoR. All scanned copies of the required documents must be submitted at the time of the interview.
Can the application be filled online?
Yes, candidates have to create a login ID and password to be able to apply. Please note that they may create only one Login ID using their email ID.
Can the students update their application form at a later stage?
Yes, the students can update the status with the endowment through email.
How and when will the students get the status of their application form?
Candidates who are selected for the next level are intimated over email between March and June. All the Awards will be announced together by the first week of July by email.
When are the interviews held?
The interviews are held between April and June.
Are the candidates reimbursed for their travel and accommodation for the scholarship interviews?
The candidates are not reimbursed for their travel and accommodation for the scholarship interviews. Candidates also have an option to take the interview through Skype by providing their skype ID and recent photograph.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I have completed my Graduation from National Institute of Technology, Prayagraj in Mechanical Engineering. I am persuing my PG in Mech Engg from Germany. Should I apply for Scholarship.
Asked by YASHARTH SRIVASTAVA on 18-Apr-2021
Dimple Thapa on 22-Apr-2021
If you need financial assistance to support your education, you can apply for the scholarships available. However, you have to make sure that you apply for them within the given time duration.
Asked by SAHAINAJ BEGUM on 20-Feb-2021
Akash Hazra on 04-Mar-2021
Sir,Iam a second year, SC category student. Student in the Department of Political Science.Can I apply?
Dimple Thapa on 22-Feb-2021
No, this is for those who want to pursue higher studies abroad.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more
In case of any queries, please reach out to us:
022-6665 7774 / 7198 / 7681 (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org