IET India Scholarship Awards 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
IET India Scholarship Awards is an initiative designed by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) that aims to recognize and nurture future engineering leaders of India. This is the 6th edition of the award that will be given to undergraduate engineering students to reward their creativity, innovation, leadership and excellence. The students who are in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of their engineering programme will compete for scholarship prizes worth INR 10,00,000.
The IET is one of the world’s largest professional societies for engineers that work closely with industry, academia and government to engineer a better world. Eminent engineers like Shri Ratan Tata (Former Chairman, Tata Sons), N R Narayana Murthy (Chairman Emeritus, Infosys) and T V Ramachandran (President, Broadband India Forum and Ex-Resident Director, Vodafone) are Honorary Fellows of the IET.
IET India Scholarship Awards 2022
- Open for students studying in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of a full-time regular undergraduate engineering programme (in any field) approved by AICTE/UGC.
- The scholarship is also open for lateral entry students who join the B.Tech programme in the 2nd year.
- Applicants must have cleared all regular credit courses in a single attempt.
- Applicants must have scored at least 60% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA of at least 6.5 on a 10-point scale in the semesters cleared so far.
- There is no age limit for the applicants.
Note: Application is open for all IET members and non-members and for all branches of engineering as recognised by the AICTE/UGC.
The selected scholars will receive the scholarship as mentioned below –
For the Regional Round of Selection
There will be at least 4 regional rounds and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Regional round winner – INR 1,20,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- Regional round runner-up – INR 60,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
For National Finals
The winners of the regional round will compete for national finals and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Winner – INR 3,00,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- 1st runner-up – INR 1,70,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- 2nd runner-up – INR 1,50,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
Note: If a student wins the scholarship both at the Regional and National levels, he/she will be awarded a Certificate for both the levels and the prize money for the national level only.
No documents are required to be attached at the time of application.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply –
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will be redirected to the official page of the IET India Scholarship Award 2022. Click on the 'Register Now' button to proceed.
- Fill in all required details in the registration form and submit.
- Once registered, log in using your registered email id and password.
- Continue to fill in your personal details, academic information, professional activities and co-curricular activities in the scholarship application.
- Submit the application.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
080 40892222 (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this scholarship award?
The selection of scholars for the IET India Scholarship Award 2021 will be done at 4 stages/levels. The details of these stages are given below –
Stage 1: Online Application
Initial shortlisting of applicants will be done on the basis of their online applications. The weightage that each section of online application contains is given below –
- Academics – 60%
- Extra & Co-Curricular – 20%
- Outreach – 10% (Activities other than institutional activities like; coordinating or organising industrial visits, organising lectures/seminars etc.)
- Professional – 10% (Membership in professional bodies, coordinating activities of the professional bodies, office bearer of any professional body/student chapter, contributing to professional bodies through papers presentations etc.)
Stage 2: Online Test
The candidates qualifying the stage 1 of the selection process will have to appear for an online test that will assess their knowledge in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science. The test will comprise approximately 50 multiple-choice questions. Furthermore, a cut off mark/score will be decided for each regional level by the national jury. Based on the cut–off, the applicants will be shortlisted for the next level.
Stage 3: Regional Level Assessment
The candidates qualifying the second stage of selection will be required to give a presentation to the Jury members on a topic given by them. The topic will be communicated to the contestants at least 10 days in advance to enable the student to prepare. This level of assessment will be conducted across 4 regions –
- Regional South
- Regional North
- Regional East + North East
- Regional West
Stage 4: The National Finals
Candidates qualifying the regional round will be further required to make a presentation on their vision and solution, as they see it, for an engineering problem that is relevant to the society. It may also include a Group Discussion and the topic for this GD will be given by the jury on the day of the National Finals.
When will the National Finals be held?
The National Finals of IET India Scholarship Awards 2021 will be held tentatively in October 2021.
Is there any age limit to apply for this scholarship award?
There is no age limit for the applicant to apply for IET India Scholarship Award.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
how to book my timeslot for online test
Asked by sherin joseph on 25-Aug-2021
Dimple Thapa on 01-Sep-2021
Please visit the official website of the IET Scholarship or write to email@example.com.
My Engineering College didn't conduct 1st semester exams yet.Then how to apply for IET India Scholarship without having Semester marks?
Asked by V Laxman on 11-Aug-2021
Dimple Thapa on 17-Aug-2021
If you have scored more than 60% marks in your Class 12 examination, you can apply for this scholarship and upload the mark sheet of Class 12 while applying.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more