GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students is an initiative of GEV Scholarship Fund Trust that aims to provide financial support to meritorious law students and help them pursue quality legal education at premier Indian institutes. Under this scholarship, the students who are pursuing law education at undergraduate or postgraduate level get scholarships up to INR 2,00,000 per year to cover their academic expenses. The program also offers opportunities for mentorship to the selected candidates, creating a robust community of young law scholars.
GEV Scholarship Fund Trust has been started in the memory of the 13th Attorney General of India, Late Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati to support young law aspirants.
GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2020-21 for Law Students
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must fulfil the following eligibility criteria. They must:
- be an Indian citizen
- be already enrolled in any year of an LLB/LLM degree course at a recognized law institute in India, or have applied for CLAT, LSAT-India, AILET, or any other law entrance exam in 2021
- have scored a minimum of 60% in Class X and XII board exams
- have an annual family income not more than INR 10,00,000 (10 lakh) from all sources
- be willing to sign-up for scholarship fund’s annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars
NOTE: Students who may be taking the entrance exams post the deadline (31st May 2021) will also get an opportunity to apply for the scholarship till 31st July 2021.
INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year
- Copies of the marksheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies (if applicable)
- Income proof (Salary Statement, IT Returns) of applicant’s parents
- Copy of latest CLAT/LSAT-India/AILET/other law entrance exam results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study using registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext- 114) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for ‘GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students’?
The selection process of ‘GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students’ involves a multi-stage process where students are selected on the basis of merit and their financial need. Details of the selection process are mentioned below:
- Initial shortlisting of students on the basis of the academic merit and financial need/crisis
- Telephonic round of interview of shortlisted students
- Document verification
- Personal interview after which the final selection will be made
What benefits will be given under this scholarship?
The students selected for this scholarship will receive financial assistance ranging between INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year towards payment of their tuition fees and other academic expenses. Besides this, they will also get the following benefits –
- Mentoring from top law professionals and GEV Scholars
- Exposure among the Judiciary Community of India from events/interactions organized under the mentorship program
Note: Subsequent Scholarship instalment will be based on the scholar's academic performance.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Sneha Jain on 05-Jan-2022
s akhil on 20-Jan-2022
The applications for this scholarship are not open yet. Please follow its page to get timely alerts about it once the scholarship is live.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more