Delhi Ladli Scheme
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Delhi Ladli Scheme was launched in 2008 by the Department of Women & Children Development, Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
The scheme aims to promote social and economic advancement, encouraging education and fostering a brighter future for the females residing in Delhi by providing a long-term fixed deposit of up to ₹11,000.
Delhi Ladli Scheme
DeadlineAlways Open Eligibility
Female children who are born on or after 1st January 2008 must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:-
- Applicants must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least three years preceding the date of application.
- The female children must have been born in Delhi as mentioned in the birth certificate issued by the Registrar (births & deaths).
- The annual income of the parent(s) of the child should not exceed ₹1,00,000.
Other female children in Delhi must fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:-
- Applicants must be currently studying in a Government/Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)/New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), or Government recognised school in Delhi.
- Students must be born in Delhi as mentioned in the birth certificate issued by the Registrar (births & deaths).
- Students must have been admitted in Class 1,5, 9, or 12, or passed Class 10 in the academic year 2008-09 and onwards.
- Applicants' parent(s) have been residing in Delhi for at least 3 years before the date of application.
- The annual income of the parent(s) of the child should be less than ₹1,00,000.
The following financial assistance will be given by the competent authority, subject to the provision of specific regulations, in the form of a long-term fixed deposit:-
- If the girl child is born in a hospital/nursing home in the NCT of Delhi: ₹11,000
- If the girl child is born outside the hospitals/nursing homes: ₹10,000
- On admission in Class 1,5, 9, or 12, or after passing Class 10: ₹5,000
- The above-mentioned deposits shall be made in the name of the girl child and will be encashable only after the child attains the age of 18 years and has at least passed Class 10.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) of the child are responsible for claiming subsequent periodical fixed deposits, which require presenting a report card and attendance/admission certificate from a government, MCD, NDMC, or government-recognised school.
- A copy of a ration card/voter identity card or any other document as proof of residence, which clearly shows at least 3 years of residence in Delhi
- Birth certificate of the female child issued by the Registrar (births and deaths) of the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- A joint photograph of the parent(s) and the female child
- A self-declaration of annual income by the parent(s)
- Admission certificate from Government/Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)/New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), or Government recognised school in Delhi
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scheme by following the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to register. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID.)
Step 3: Navigate to 'Delhi Ladli Scheme - Application Form' and download the application form.
Step 4: Submit the duly filled application with all the required documents to the competent authority.
- The District Social Welfare Officer of the concerned District shall be the competent authority for verification of the application and initial sanction.
- To verify the application's claims, the competent authority may conduct a site visit or delegate it to a departmental investigator, official, ASHA worker, or specially assigned Anganwadi worker.
- The application form can also be obtained from the office of the Competent Authority or the office of the Deputy Director (FAS), Department of Social Welfare, G.L.N.S. Complex, Delhi Gate, New Delhi.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
(011) - 23070378 (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 06:00 PM (IST))N/A
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Delhi Ladli Scheme?
The Delhi Ladli Scheme is a financial incentive program launched by the Delhi government to empower girl children from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Can adopted girls avail the scheme?
Yes, provided they meet the eligibility criteria female applicants can receive the benefits under this scheme.
What if the girl child changes schools due to relocation or other reasons?
As long as the new school is recognised by the Delhi Government, MCD, or NDMC, the annual deposits will continue upon submitting relevant documents like the transfer certificate.
What happens if the girl child gets married before turning 21 years of age?
In such cases, she would still be eligible for the one-time financial assistance at 21 years of age only, if she pursues higher education or vocational training.
What steps are taken to ensure the money reaches the intended beneficiary?
Under this scheme, the financial assistance is transferred to the bank accounts specifically opened for the girl child under the Ladli Scheme. This ensures transparency and direct transfer of funds. Additionally, regular monitoring and verification mechanisms are in place to prevent misuse of the funds.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more