NEET admit card is a mandatory requirement for all the NEET aspirants in order to appear for the examination. The students aspiring to get admission to a UG programme in the medical stream (MBBS/BDS) have to appear for the NEET examination held every year. Conducted earlier by CBSE, the NEET examination from 2019 onwards will be organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTA offers the provision of downloading the NEET admit card online through its official website.
When can you download the NEET admit card online? Which are the detailed covered in the admit card? How can you download it? What important instructions does it contain for the students? Get an answer to all these questions in this article. It highlights every significant aspect of the admit card including the key dates, the process to download, particulars mentioned, general guidelines, and more.
Important: The NEET admit card for 2019 released. Download it from the official link.
NEET Admit Card – About NEET
NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by the NTA, an autonomous and independent organisation of MHRD, Government of India. The students willing to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate course in the medical stream can appear for NEET UG and NEET PG examinations respectively. The NEET UG examination allows the MBBS/BDS aspirants to get admission in a renowned medical/dental institute in India. The table below provides a complete overview of the examination and the admit card.
An Overview of NEET Admit Card and Examination
|1.||Name of the examination||NEET UG 2019|
|2.||Provider details||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|3.||Mode of downloading the NEET admit card||Online through NTA website|
|4.||Examination pattern||Objective type|
|5.||Examination duration||3 hours|
|6.||Total number of questions||180 questions covering topics from Physics (45 questions), Chemistry (45 questions), and Biology (90 Questions)|
|7.||Maximum marks for each question||4 marks|
|8.||Negative Marking||One mark for each wrong answer|
|9.||Medium of question paper||English, Hindi, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarat, Odia, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu|
|10.||NEET helpline||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 8076535482, 7703859909
NEET Admit Card – Key Dates
When can you download the NEET admit card? When can you appear for the examination? Are there any other important dates that a student should keep in mind? The table given below highlights the answers to all your questions related to the key dates of NEET admit card. It covers all the important dates of the examination for the year 2019. These dates may vary every year based on the sole discretion of the service provider.
Important Dates for NEET Admit Card & Examination
|1.||Application timeline for NEET 2019||1 November 2018 to 1 December 2018|
|2.||Timeline for correcting the application form||14 January 2019 to 31 January 2019|
|3.||The release of NEET admit card||15 April 2019 onwards|
|4.||Examination date for NEET 2019||5 May 2019|
|5.||Declaration of NEET results||By 5 June 2019|
*These dates are applicable for the year 2019. It may vary every year based on the discretion of the provider.
NEET Admit Card – How to Download?
From 2019 onwards, the students applying for NEET UG examination will not be getting the admit card through post. The NTA allows the applicants to download the NEET admit card online through its official website. Also, the applicants get a copy of the admit card on their registered email-id, once they download it online. How can you download the admit card? Here is a step-by-step description of the process through which you can download the NEET admit card online.
Step 1: Visit the official website of NEET.
Step 2: Under the ‘Downloads’ section, click on the ‘NEET admit card’ button.
Step 3: To get access to NEET admit card, provide your NEET application number, date of birth and the security pin.
Step 4: Once you submit the required information, the NEET admit card will appear carrying all relevant information regarding the examination.
Step 5: Download the admit card and take its print out for future use.
NEET Admit Card – Particulars Mentioned
How does a NEET admit card look like? What information is contained in it? The answer to all these questions is mentioned hereunder. A NEET admit card only bears important information about the candidate and the examination. The particulars mentioned in the admit card include –
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
- NEET Roll Number
- Language opted for Question Paper
- Name and Address of the Examination Centre
- Date and Time of the Examination
NEET Admit Card – General Examination Guidelines
Once you get the NEET admit card in your hand, you need to make yourself aware of all the important guidelines that are mandatory to follow in the examination hall. The NTA has defined general examination guidelines for the welfare of the students appearing for the exam. What are these instructions that you should keep in mind? Find a brief detail hereunder –
- The candidates are required to present the NEET admit card when demanded at the time of admission to the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- The candidates need to sit on their respective seats only.
- The list of documents that you need to bring on the day of examination include –
- A printed copy of the NEET admit card
- One passport size photograph
- An authorised photo identity card such as PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License, Aadhaar card, Passport, Ration card or any other ID. (Note: The IDs provided should be original, non-expired and valid).
- PwD certificate (applicable only for students claiming relaxation under the PwD category)
- The students who are found in possession with any barred item or using unfair means will have to bear the penalties.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the examination hall before the test duration ends.
- Carrying eatables like snacks, coffee, cold drinks, tea or water bottle is not allowed in the examination hall. However, for students having diabetes, carrying fruits or sugar tablets and transparent water bottles are allowed only with prior intimation.
- There is no provision of re-test for students who miss out to appear for the examination on the scheduled date.
- If a candidate is found using any unfair means, he/she will be debarred for 3 years in the future and are liable for criminal actions as applicable.
Detailed Examination Schedule as on NEET Admit Card
|1.||Date of the examination||5 May 2019, Sunday|
|2.||Time of examination||2.00 pm to 5.00 pm|
|3.||Duration of the examination||3 hours|
|4.||Last entry time in the Examination Centre||1.30 pm|
|5.||Last time to occupy the seat in the examination hall||1.15 pm|
|6.||The announcement by the invigilator||1.30 pm to 1.45 pm|
|7.||Test booklet distribution by the invigilator||1.45 pm|
|8.||Test starts||2.00 pm|
|9.||Test ends||5.00 pm|
NEET Admit Card – Barred Items
While carrying a NEET admit card is mandatory to get entry into the examination centre, the NTA also enlists certain items that are not allowed to be taken inside the centre. The students entering the examination hall have to undergo compulsory and extensive frisking at the entrance. The list of things that are not allowed in the examination hall include –
- Stationery items such as printed/written text material, pencil/geometry box, calculator, bits of papers, plastic pouch, scale, pen, pen drives, writing pad, log table, eraser, electronic scanner/pen, etc.
- Any kind of communication devices like earphones, Bluetooth, mobile phones, health band, microphone, pager, etc.
- Any bracelet, camera, wrist watch, etc.
- Items such as goggles, wallet, belt, cap, handbag, etc.
- Any packed/opened eatable item, water bottle, etc.
- Any kind of ornament
Note: The students are advised not to bring any of the articles mentioned above to the examination centre as no arrangements will be made for them to keep their belongings. Furthermore, if a candidate is found carrying any of the above-mentioned items, he/she has to bear the consequences according to the relevant provisions.
NEET Admit Card – Dress Code to Follow
Some of the important facts about the NEET examination that you will not find on the NEET admit card are mentioned hereunder. The NTA has also set a dress code for the students to follow while appearing for the examination. The students need to strictly adhere to all the instructions by NTA. The kind of clothing allowed for the examination include –
- Half sleeves light-weighted clothes are acceptable.
- Long sleeves are not allowed.
- For the customary/cultural dress, the candidates need to report at the examination centre at least one hour prior to the reporting time specified i.e. 12.30 noon.
- Wearing shoes is not allowed. It is preferable to wear sandals or slippers with low heels.
NEET Admit Card – FAQs
Furthermore, if you have any queries related to NEET admit card, here is a compilation some prominent FAQs for your assistance.
Q1. How can you download the NEET admit card?
A. The students can download the admit card online through the official website of NTA.
Q2. Will the students receive the admit card by post?
A. No, the admit cards can only be downloaded online.
Q3. What information is required to download the admit card online?
A. The candidates can access the NEET admit card online by providing their application number and date of birth.
Q4. Are students required to submit the admit card at the time of examination?
A. No, the students need to preserve the admit card even after the examination to access the results.