MCAT registration is a crucial step for students to get admission to top medical colleges abroad. Medical College Admission Test or MCAT is a multiple-choice exam designed to assess applicants problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of natural, behavioral, and social science concepts and principles required to start medical studies. Conducted by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), the MCAT registration and examination for different countries is scheduled on different dates every year. Though the MCAT exam is not conducted in India, the Indian students can still appear for the exam by selecting one of the neighboring countries in the list prescribed by AAMC. The MCAT scores are accepted at all medical schools in the US and Canada. The scores older than 3 years are not accepted in some of the medical schools. The candidates aspiring to pursue courses like Allopathic, Osteopathic, Podiatric and Veterinary medicine at health professional institutes abroad also require to take the MCAT.
In this article, MCAT aspirants can find detailed information on the exam such as MCAT registration, key dates, center of examination and tips to register and schedule MCAT.
The MCAT exam tests on the concepts that medical school faculty, residents, and medical students have recently rated as important for students’ entry to medical college. The exam content is divided into four multiple-choice sections and is delivered as a computer-based exam at a Pearson VUE test centre. The MCAT exam does not contain a written portion or writing sample.
After 2015, the AAMC has designed a new version of the MCAT exam. MCAT score contains the following sections:
- Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior
- Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems
- Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological System
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills
The first three sections shown above are organized around foundational concepts in the sciences and draw from the following disciplines in general chemistry, organic chemistry, introductory physics, introductory biology, and from first semester courses in biochemistry, psychology, and sociology. Questions in these sections will judge the scientific knowledge from multiple disciplines and reasoning skills. The final section, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, includes questions that tests applicants’ ability to comprehend and analyze what they read and requires no specific outside content knowledge.
Tips to Register and Schedule MCAT
- Students can follow AAMC MCAT Twitter site to look for updates and information.
- Use hashtag #MCATtip for more tips about registration, selecting the test date, day and location.
- AAMC has created MCAT Essential which is a crucial document for successful experience during the MCAT exam. It provides critical information about MCAT policies and procedures, and is required reading at the time of MCAT registration.
- Generally, the MCAT registration falls under the following dates as per the admission cycle of the medical colleges in the US and Canada.
- October 25, 2018—for January-June dates
- February 6, 2019—for July-September dates
- Exact date will be announced via Twitter (@AAMC_MCAT) and website.
- For faster registration and scheduling process, set-up a user name and password with the AAMC, which will generate an AAMC ID number.
- Always print a copy of the in advance.
- Applicants should be ready with their VISA or MasterCard while paying the registration fees.
- The applicants are required to pay the MCAT registration fees while registering. The fees may vary depending on the registration time, the test date chosen by the candidate and the exam location. Applicants should keep a view on it.
- AAMC staff are available to assist MCAT examinees with any MCAT related questions that may arise.
MCAT Registration – Key Dates
Applicants need to login into the. All dates are subject to change. For current information about test dates and locations, visit the . The international sites follow a different testing schedule for 2019 depending on location.
Click here to check for International centers and dates.
MCAT 2019 Registration Dates and Deadlines
Zone Deadlines: IMPORTANT NOTE
All deadlines are at 7:59 a.m. local test center time on the day of the deadline
- Gold Zone scheduling deadline: Last date to reschedule at the lower rate and last date to receive a partial refund for cancelling an exam.
- Silver Zone scheduling deadline: Last date for initial registration without a fee increase and last date to reschedule.
- Bronze Zone scheduling deadline: Last date to cancel a reservation and last date to edit registration information such as name, address, consents, etc.
MCAT Registration – Application Fees
Payment can only be made with a major credit or debit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express), payable only in U.S. funds.
MCAT Registration Fees Table:
MCAT Registration Assistance Fees Table:
MCAT Registration – Test Centers
Test-takers interested in Allopathic, Osteopathic, Podiatric and Veterinary medicine can appear for the test. They must ensure their eligibility to appear for the test before registering for it. Given below is the eligibility criteria for candidates who are interested in MCAT:
|For U.S. and Canada Aspirants||Undergraduate Degree|
|International Aspirants||Pursuing or completed MBBS|
Test Centers in Canada
|British Columbia||New FoundLand||Ontario|
MCAT does not have test centers in India. Applicants would need to travel to the neighboring countries such as Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore to sit for the exam. The test is administered in 19 international locations, and the registration procedure is the same for US and international candidates. However, you need to pay a USD 90 additional fee if you are registering for a non-US test location.
MCAT Registration 2019
Aspirants have to create an AAMC account to register for MCAT 2019. An AAMC account can be created by visiting the AAMC website. The steps are outlined below.
Step 1: Click the MCAT Registration Button.
Step 2: Create a login account.
Step 3: Login your personal information
Step 4: Answer initial questions like “What best describes you?”
Step 5: Answer additional questions like “Are you member of AAMC affinity group?”
Step 6: Complete fields like Date of Birth, Country etc.
Step 7: Add “Address information” in this step.
Step 8: Submit the application form.
MCAT After Registration Steps
- Applicant needs to be sure that they have got the valid ID. If the ID doesn’t meet the necessary criteria, the applicants won’t be able to appear for the exam.
- MCAT Essential is a crucial document required for the successful experience during the MCAT exam.
- Applicant should be well versed with MCAT exam features. Every testing platform is unique and one must know how to move through the exam, select answers, highlight passages, and strikeout answers.
- Plan to arrive at the testing center 30-60 minutes prior to the exam start time.
- Know the time zone of your test center and be aware of the regulations of the MCAT exam testing room.