This Scheme seeks to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music.
- Indian Classical Music
Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental) Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research.
- Visual Arts
Graphics, Sculpture, Painting, Creative Photography, Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc.( An indicative list can be seen at Para 10 ‘Note’)
- Light Classical Music
- Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal,
- Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad.
Documents to be submitted with application
Following documents are required to be submitted along with the application (with photograph) at the time of Interview :
- One self-attested copy of Education Qualifications (Degrees, Diplomas etc.), experiences etc. In no case the original documents are to be attached.
- One self-attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate or other admissiable evidence of age. (Other than Horoscope).
- One Passport size recent photograph.
- In the case of candidates applying for scholarship in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to come with self-attested copies of photograph of the Original works. The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is BFA or equivalent.
- Separate on line application should be submitted for each field, if the candidate wants to apply for more than one field.
- As the scholarships are awarded for advanced training, the candidates should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates will be required to appear for an interview/ performance before an expert Committee. The date, time and venue of the interview/performance will be intimated to the candidates through e-mail given by the candidates in their online application. The selection will be made purely on merit.
- Result will be published on the website of the Ministry. Award letter will be sent to the selected candidates by speed post.
- Any change in the address may be given to the Ministry in writing. While doing so subject/field of training, File No. (if any) should invariably be given.
- For any future correspondence, the candidates must give the following particulars:-
- Name of the Scheme.
- Name of the candidate in capital letters.
- Subject/field of training.
- Registration Number.