What is WPA Ph.D. Scholarship 2018?
Water, People, Agriculture (WPA), a research training group established by the University of Hohenheim with the support of Anton & Petra Ehrmann‐Stiftung Research Training Group invites applications for the Ph.D. scholarships from highly qualified and inspired MSc graduates from across the world. The objective is to encourage those researchers who are willing to initiate a scientific career in water-related research.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
In order to be eligible, an applicant must-
- Have held a diploma or MSc certification.
- Have the acceptance as a Ph.D. student from the responsible faculty at the University of Hohenheim.
- Have to prove the English language ability by providing the certificates to the faculty during the time of Ph.D. admission process.
- Have to choose the WPA doctoral school "water for life" as the Ph.D. study program after admission as a Ph.D. student.
- Be an outstanding personality, have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit; and capable of conducting innovative research.
How can you apply ?
In order to apply, follow the steps given below-
Step 1- Go to this page and read all the details.
Step 2- Click on application form to get the application form.
Step 3- Fill in all the details in the form.
Step 4- Send the form along with the scanned documents to email id- email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Application form.
- Cover letter signed by the applicant / including a motivation statement.
- Master / Diploma degree certificate and Transcript of Records.
- Scanned copies of all relevant academic and non-academic certificates of degrees and transcripts.
- Bachelor degree certificate and Transcript of Records.
- High School certificate.
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate or other English proficiency certificates (only for foreign applicants).
- Passport photo.
- Two letters of recommendation. Note- To get the recommendation form, click here.
- The applicant also needs to submit a high-quality research proposal on one of the suggested topics.To get the suggested list of research topics, click here.
- All documents along with the application should be sent in one e-mail. The file size of the attached documents should not exceed of 5 MB and should be compiled into two PDF files-
- File 1- Completed application form.
- File 2- Scanned cover letter and scanned copies of all relevant certificates obtained and the passport photo.
- The referees should send the letters of recommendation to email id- firstname.lastname@example.org and in pdf format.
- All files should be sent in a systematic way- applicant’s last name – WPA – file number.
- The successful applicant will get an amount of 1350 Euro per month for a period of 36 months as scholarship.
- WPA also offers the opportunity to support the successful research projects with additional research funds.