What is Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Post-Matric Scholarship, Gujarat 2018?
Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Post-Matric Scholarship, Gujarat 2018 invites applications from ST students of Gujarat studying in class 11 to postgraduation. The key objective of the scholarship is to ensure economic welfare and empowerment of students belonging to backward classes of the society.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- An applicant must belong to ST category.
- Applicant must be studying in class 11 to postgraduation from a recognized school, college, university or institute.
- The annual family income (from all sources) must be less than INR 2,50,000
- The student should not be a repeater in the same class for more than once.
- The student should be a permanent resident of Gujarat State
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distance and continuing education.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 4: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 5: Once registered, log in using registered email id and password.
Step 6: Fill in the scholarship application form and upload required documents.
Step 7: Finally submit the application form.
What are the benefits ?
The award amount may vary according to the class in which the applicant is studying.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship scheme is also applicable for employed students who take leave without pay for the entire duration of the course of study.
- Students pursuing the same stage of education in a different subject are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students who are pursuing a postgraduate course in medicine can apply for the scholarship if they are not allowed to practice during their course tenure.
What are the documents required for the Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Post-Matric Scholarship, Gujarat 2018 ?
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Self-attested caste certificate issued by the competent authorities
- Self-attested copy of the Aadhaar Card
- The first page of bank passbook/cancelled cheque
- Self-attested certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Disability certificate (applicable for persons with disability)
- Fee receipt of current academic course year
- Break affidavit (If break gap is more than one year)
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority (Form no.16 required for Govt. Employee)
- Thesis typing/printing bill (applicable for MPhil, PhD, D.Litt, D.Pharm, D.Sc students)
- School leaving certificate
- Domicile certificate (for Gujarati origin ST student studying in outstate)
- Hostel certificate (applicable for hosteler students)
- LWP (Leave without pay) certificate (for employed students)