The Next Genius Foundation, a registered charitable trust in India has introduced The Next Genius Scholarship Program- 2017 for outstanding Indian high school students to pursue their undergraduate education in North America and Europe.The aim is to establish a community of future leaders who will leave a strong impact on society.The scholarship will cover the full and half tuition fees.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must be -
- A high school student who is in Grade 12 (or gap year) as on November 12, 2017.
- An Indian citizen, a PIO card holder, or studying at an Indian High School.
Note - The Foundation welcomes applications from students with any learning or medical disability. Equal opportunities are provided to everyone, irrespective of gender, caste, geography, or economic background. Awarding the final scholarship is solely at the discretion of the Next Genius partner colleges, in consultation with The Next Genius Foundation. All awards are given, subject to the eligibility criterion and availability of funding. In the case of any foul play (as determined by the Foundation), the foundation reserve the right to withhold awarding the scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, please follow the given steps-
Step 1- Click here to register.
Step 2- Fill the necessary details and get registered.
Step 3- Click here to log in with the registered email id and password.
Step 4- Fill in the all the details, save and then sign out.
In order to get this scholarship, an applicant must have to clear two levels -
- Level 1 - Online Assessment (November 12, 2017, Conducted Online) - After applying and completing the basic profile, Take an online critical thinking assessment on November 12 (Sunday). The assessment will measure your ability to read effectively, reason, analyze data and solve puzzles For more information, click here.
- Level 2 - Personal Interviews (January 13, 2018, Conducted in Mumbai) -
- Shortlisted students from Level 1 will be interviewed by the Next Genius team and the Admission Officer(s) from the respective colleges in a group setting in Mumbai.
- Prior to the interviews, the students will be asked to submit their full college application online, supporting financial aid documentation and a ZeeMee profile before January 1, 2018.
For more information, click here
Award details -
The Scholarship will cover -
- Full Tuition Scholarship -The Next Genius Scholarship only covers the actual tuition (fees) component of the undergraduate education. A 100% tuition fees scholarship winner will be provided a full-tuition fee waiver for only four years of their undergraduate education. The scholarship does not offer money for actual expenses such as accommodation, food, stationery, insurance & travel. Parents should be aware that living cost in the US vary according to the location and can range anywhere between USD 10,000 - 20,000 per year. Any non-tuition expenses are the liability of the parents and the student.
- Partial Tuition Scholarship - A partial scholarship winner would be provided a partial tuition fee waiver for only four years of their undergraduate education. The scholarship does not offer money for actual expenses such as accommodation, food, stationery, insurance & travel. Parents should be aware that living cost in the US vary according to the location and can range anywhere between USD 10,000 - 20,000 per year. Any non-tuition expenses are the liability of the parents and the student.
- The BL Mandhana Scholarship -The winners of this highly coveted scholarship are awarded a USD 10,000 award towards their tuition fees at any college of their choice in North America or Europe.
- Winners are guaranteed college admission and provided scholarship for four years of study in a subject of their choice at one of the following colleges -
- Beloit College, Wisconsin
- Drew University, New Jersey
- Foothill College, California*
- Juniata College, Pennsylvania
- Lynn University, Florida
- Millsaps College, Mississippi
- Saint Michael's College, Vermont
- Texas Christian University, Texas
- Union College, New York
- University of Rochester, New York
- Wheaton College, Massachusetts
Student Handbook, The Next Genius Scholarship Program.pdf