The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Standard Chartered Bank, South Asia has introduced the Chevening Standard Chartered Financial Services Fellowship 2018 for mid-career Indians in the finance sector. It is a fully funded eight-week residential fellowship hosted by King’s College London.The fellowship will offer fellows a high-quality professional development opportunity which will provide specialist skills to encourage innovation and help improve industry capability in India.
In order to apply for this fellowship, an applicant must -
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country and must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years of relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have an excellent academic background in the field of finance or considerable experience of working in such fields.
- Have a good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor).
- A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the program.
Note- Ideal applicant may be from the following backgrounds-
- Senior officials in the Ministry of Finance and associated entities.
- Senior officials in financial regulators, including the RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA.
- Academics who are influential or would be potentially influential in policymaking.
- Professionals in think tanks contributing to policymaking.
- Entrepreneurs, particularly in areas such as financial technology and asset management.
How to apply?
In order to apply, follow the given steps -
Step 1 - Click here to register.
Step 2 - Once registered, click here to login.
Step 3 - Once logged in, click on Start application.
Step 4 - Fill in all the necessary details and submit.
Documents required -
In order to submit the Chevening Scholarship application, it is essential that the candidates have following documents ready -
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
Optional Documents -
- English language test results
- One can submit an initial application without the optional document and upload them to the application at a later date.
- Only documents in PDF format can be uploaded to the online application system, and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
Award details -
Each fellowship includes -
- Full program fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy flight from your country of residence to the UK.
No documents available.