Add to Favorite
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Tripura 2017
Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program 2018
AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC) under Pragati 2017-18
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2017-18
Sandeep Sethi, Education Officer
The objective of the year- long CBSE Heritage Quiz, supported by the Central Board of Secondary Education, aims to inform the growing generation of students the inter-link between their culture and heritage and the need for sustainable socio-economic development alongside modernization. In continuation with Circular No. Acad-23/2014, as in the previous years, the Heritage India Quiz would also include 25% questions on the Cultural Practices and Heritage of the North Eastern States of India. The All India quiz is expected to reach students across the country, thereby sensitizing them to the rich cultural diversity that is inherently Indian. Yet another worthy aim of the quiz is to raise awareness among them about the conservation and management of the country’s heritage. The Board, therefore, directs all school heads to ensure the maximum participation of students in this competition.
Phase 1 - City Chapter – 1st week of September to Mid -October
Phase 2 - Regional Chapter- Mid- November to 1st week of December
Phase 3 - National Semi Finals and Finals – Mid -week of December
Participation is open to the students of classes 9-12. Interested schools are requested to select and Sponsor three students who will register as a team, to compete in the City Chapter.
1. Interested schools should submit the registration form and confirm their participation on or before 18th August, 2015, by filling in the online registration form (Annexure A) available at www.cbseacademic.in by entering their affiliation number and school number.
Note: Details once entered cannot be altered after the online submission of the form.
2. The schools are requested to take a printout of the submitted online registration form on an A-4 size sheet of paper and send the copy, along with the DD of INR 600/-, towards Registration Fee, drawn in favour of: The Secretary, CBSE, Delhi, duly signed by the Head of the school to: Mr. Sandeep Sethi, Education Officer, CBSE, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi- 110002, by speed post so as to reach the Board not later than 21st August, 2015. The affiliation no. and name of the school along with the registration no. obtained from the website should be written on the back of the Demand Draft with an HB pencil.
3. The online registration will be considered only after receiving the registration fees through the Demand Draft. The last date for online registration is 18th August, 2015.The schools are advised to register at the earliest possible date to avoid last minute delay.
Note: The Cities (venues) will be finalized after registration and the dates put up on the notifications.
Phase 1: City Chapter : The City Chapter competition will be segmented into one, two, three or six City
Chapters, depending on the basis of geographical diversity and the response from each region. The event will
be held in a minimum of one location and a maximum of 6 locations as per the CBSE regions.
1.1 The quiz competition will be conducted tentatively between first week of September to mid- November, 2015. It will be a single day event comprising of two stages. Each school will be represented by three students who may be selected from classes IX-XII.
1.) Stage I Round: Written Elimination: A PowerPoint based written quiz with 30 questions to be answered in 25 minutes, where the teams from each school will collectively attempt to answer. The results will be declared simultaneously while the evaluation is being done. Top six teams qualify for the next round.
2.) Stage II Round: On-Stage: An on-stage quiz of 60-75 minute duration wherein questions will comprise of a mix of verbal, audio and visual items, for the qualifying participants of Stage I. This round will be conducted at the same venue immediately after stage-I round.
1.2 The winner from each group will qualify for the Regional Finals where (maximum) 6 teams will
Phase 2: Regional Chapter: 2.1- To be held between Mid-November to first week of December, 2015. The top
(maximum) 6 teams from each region, will be placed at the Regional Final. The quiz competition will be held in the school where the last CITY CHAPTER of the region will take place. This round will be an on-stage event, with questions comprising of a mix of verbal, audio and visual items. The top two teams from each region qualify for the National Semi-Finals.
2.2 The schedule of the City and Regional Chapters will be put unde r the notifications of the CBSE website
so that, they can make necessary arrangements for their travel, lodging and boarding.
Phase 3: National Semi Finals and Finals: To be held tentatively in the mid-week of December, 2015. The
top 20 teams from the 10 competing regions will be divided into 5 groups of 4 teams each. The winner from
each group will quali fy for the finals. The Semi Finals and the Finals will be held in Delhi and will
be televised .
Participation is open to the students of classes IX- XII. Interested schools are requested to select and Sponsor three students who will register as a team, to compete in the City Chapter.
Certificates awarded to all the participants of Semi-finals and Finals.
Attractive prizes, trophies await the winners!
|First Prize||Rs. 21,000/- x 1 team||Rs. 21,000/-|
|Second Prize||Rs. 12,000/- x 1 team||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Third Prize||Rs. 7,500/- x 1 team||Rs. 7,500/-|
|Fourth Prize||Rs. 4,500/- x 1 team||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Second Position (Semi-final)||Rs. 3,000/- x 4 teams||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Third Position (Semi-final)||Rs. 1,500/- x 4 teams||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Fourth Position (Semi-final)||Rs. 1,000/- x 4 teams||Rs. 4,000/-|
Rules and Regulations:
1. Any student from class IX to XII can participate.
2. There will be three students participating from each school in City Chapter.
3. Schools are requested to register and submit required fees before 18 Aug., 2015.
4. The online registration window will be opened from 28th July, 2015 to 18th Aug., 2015.
5. The 6 teams qualifying the City Chapter will be placed directly in the Regional Chapter.
6. The National Semi Finals will witness two teams each from across the 10 competing region. The 20 teams will be divided into 5 groups of 4 teams each.
7. The Semifinals and Finals will be held in Delhi in a televised format.
8. All the students participating will be given a participating Certificate and winners will be also given cash prizes.
9. Videography of the rounds should be done to avoid any confusion later.
10. The Audio/Video system should be properly installed.
11. Provision for independent observers should be made.
12. The audience should be drawn from different schools.
13. The venue for the rounds should be in neutral schools.