At Shell, they believe human ingenuity holds the key to unlocking innovative thinking across our society, now and for the future.
Over the years, they have been fascinated by amazing and game changing ideas shared by students through our global competition, Shell Ideas360.
The Shell Ideas360 Photo Contest brings students yet another opportunity to join them on a journey to inspire the world. The best photo with the most votes will be featured on the Shell Ideas360 site. In addition, stand a chance to win an Apple Watch Sport™ & FitBit® Watches!
3 Easy Steps to Participate!
- Take a photo of an invention or innovation that makes the world a better place.
- Share the photo on Twitter or Instagram using #ShellIdeas360 by April 29, 2016.
- Encourage friends & family to vote for your photo between April 30 and May 12, 2016!
The photo with the most votes wins! Get featured on the Shell Ideas360 website as well as stand a chance to win Apple Watch Sport™ & FitBit® Watches!
To participate you need to:
- Currently be a university student
- Register / be already registered on Shell Ideas360
- Share your photo using #ShellIdeas360 before 23:59 GMT on April 29, 2016
- Get as many votes as possible between April 30 and May 12, 2016
How to apply?
To enter the competition:
- Entrants must have an Instagram or Twitter profile to enter the competition
- Entrants must have registered to the Shell Ideas 360 programme
- Entrants must be
- the higher of 18 years of age or the age of majority in the Entrant’s relevant jurisdiction of residency by 13 May 2016; and
- currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 13 May 2016) as a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding those studying for PhD or MPhil degrees, at one of the recognised, degree awarding universities or other equivalent higher education establishments set out on the World Higher Education Database (accessed via http://www.whed.net/home.php
- Entries must be uploaded to an entrant's Instagram or Twitter profile using #ShellIdeas360 between 00:01 hours GMT on 30 March 2016 until 23:59 hours GMT on 29 April 2016 (inclusive) (the "Competition Entry Period")
- Entrants must take a photo of an invention or innovation that has inspired them to make the world a better place and upload it to their Instagram or Twitter profile within the Competition Entry Period. After the end of the Competition Entry Period entrants will receive a custom URL for their image (the “Custom URL”)
- Entrants may share their entry via the Custom URL on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest between 00:01 hours GMT on 30 April 2016 until 23:59 hours GMT on 12 May 2016 (the “Voting Period”). During the Voting Period votes may be submitted on www.ideas360photocontest.com (the “Competition Website”). Votes are limited to one per day per registered email address during the Voting Period
Contest Key Dates:
Photo Submission Timeline – Starts on March 30, 2016 at 00:01 GMT and Closes on April 29, 2016 at 23:59 GMT
Voting Period Timeline – Starts on April 30, 2016 at 00:01 GMT and Closes on May 12, 2016 at 23:59 GMT
Announcement of Winners and Runners-up – May 18, 2016
For more information on Shell Ideas360 – follow us on Twitter @Shell_Careers.