Add to Favorite
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amphibian populations worldwide are in the midst of a mass extinction crisis, yet most people are completely unaware! We need your help in getting the word out. This contest will raise awareness of the amphibian extinction problem by getting people involved and interested. The best frog poems will be used in a book of frog poetry that will be sold to raise money for amphibian conservation efforts
Anybody! We encourage students and teachers to get their writing classes involved on Save The Frogs Day. We encourage amateur and professional poets to take part as well. And the more countries represented the better!
We welcome any poems that mention frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, caecilians, amphibians, savethefrogs.com, and/or SAVE THE FROGS!
Here are some ideas for your frog poems:
(1) Find out about a particular kind of frog and describe the world from that frog’s point of view.
(2) What if you found the last frogs alive on the planet … What would you do? How would you feel?
(3) Write a poem that makes the reader understand the importance of saving frogs, or one that makes them realize the danger frogs are in.
(4) Write a poem about any of the threats to frogs.
(5) Write a poem about how ridiculously cool frogs are!
(6) Imagine all kinds of brave, extravagant and daring ways in which you could save the frogs.
As past years' contests have proven that amazing poetry comes from people of all ages, there will be no special categories.
No documents available.