Ramnath Goenka Excellence In Journalism Awards 2017 invites application for the applicants who have completed 18 years of age must be enrolled in a media house, wire service, syndicate or news organisation, television or radio channel broadcast or published by an Indian or Indian organisation and the winner will get the award of Rs 100000. The award objective is to celebrate excellence in journalism, recognise courage, commitment and showcase outstanding contributions and individuals every year. This is the most prestigious annual event in the Indian media calendar, pays tribute to journalists from Print & Broadcast, who maintain the highest standards of their profession despite being in the face of political and economic pressures, who still manage to produce work that generates and sustains public trust in the media and impact the lives of people.
- Open to any applicant who has completed 18 years of age.
- Applicant must be a media house, wire service, syndicate or news organisation, television or radio channel - broadcast or published by an Indian or Indian organisation.
- Journalists working for any Indian newspapers/ magazines/online/TV channels (published/telecast in the country) are eligible to apply. Indian language papers should send in their stories along with translations in English.
- All foreign applicants can also apply. If the story is in a language other than English and the translations should be sent along with the stories.
HOW TO APPLY
The application can be done by post/in person with the following steps:
Step 1: Click to fill the online entry form.
Step 2: Take out the print out of the duly filled form and it must be taken and signed before the sending the final entry (if applicants haven't uploaded their photograph online, please paste the same in the form before sending the final entry).
Step 3: For 'Mandatory Requirement', please ensure applicant submit typed material only along with the entry form.
Step 4: Now submit either in person or send it by post to the given address:
Ramnath Goenka Memorial Foundation
The entry form should be completed and secured to the front of entry, along with a clear copy of the same. For judging, copies of the Applicant’s entry are required as specified below:
- Every entry must have an entry form attached, these can be photocopies of the original completed entry form.
- Print and submit 2 originals of news, articles or feature stories, television, 2 DVDs in MPEG format along with script/s, radio, 1 DAT and 1 Audio CD, books, 2 copies of the book.
- The original articles/reports/program submitted of the publication/coverage must indicate the publication/broadcast date.
- Full disclosure is required if there has been any challenge to the veracity, accuracy, fairness, &/or authenticity or objection to significant omission, or breach of journalists code of ethics, of any applicant, or entry such as published letters, corrections, clarifications, retractions, regrets, apology etc which need to be included.
- The entry must disclose if the report/article/programme or applicant is subject to any legal notice or legal challenge/proceedings, and status thereof (pending/settled). If after submission, the report/article/programme is subject to any legal notice or legal challenge/proceedings, or the applicant believes or has reason to believe that there is any infirmity in the veracity, originality or otherwise of the entry, he/she must immediately inform TIEL in writing.
- The Judges &/or TIEL may require the applicant to furnish additional information/explanation/material in such cases or disqualify the entry at their sole discretion.
- A series must be designated as such by the publication when it is printed. A regular column may also be submitted as a series. Fiction will not be considered.
- Each applicant can enter upto 2 entries per category.
- An English translation must be supplied for an entry in hindi/ foreign/regional language.
- Entries in the feature writing category should accompany a letter from the editor certifying that the work entered was original and not rewritten.
- A sponsoring letter of nomination should be submitted, signed by a person senior to the applicant, employed by the same organization, and included with the entry form. The sponsoring letter shall certify that the Applicant is personally and professionally known to the Sponsor, and the Sponsor certifies that the applicant has adhered to the journalists’ code of ethics and he/she is not aware of any information or circumstances where the applicant’s reputation, integrity and professionalism as a journalist has been called into question or otherwise impeached.
- The entry form and enclosures if incomplete, will automatically invalidate the entry and disqualify the applicant. If more than the permitted number of entries are submitted, entries will be considered in chronological order, the additional entries will be ignored.
- The article/coverage/program entered must have been published/broadcast between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 [both dates inclusive].
- Each applicant will be deemed to have read and understood the rules and regulations when they sign the entry form. Each applicant undertakes to conduct himself/herself with propriety & civility.
- TIEL shall have full right and license to announce the prize winners and in pursuance thereof or otherwise to cover the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards, publish the content of the material and/or biography sketch with or without the photograph and with or without the name of the organization, which have been submitted.
- The material and entry form once submitted shall become the property of TIEL and shall not be returned.
- Entry forms that are torn, ripped and/or mutilated will not be accepted.
New Doc 2017-03-27 (1).pdf