Add to Favorite
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Tripura 2017
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles 2017
Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program 2018
Torrens University International Scholarship 2018
Bays No. 15-20,
Phone: 0172 2571151
1. In pursuance of its policy to support and encourage voluntary action, the Government of India has decided to institute an Award to honour individuals who makes outstanding contribution towards service for children.
2. Voluntary efforts have a special place in the total effort of the country in promoting the well being of the children. A number of voluntary organizations are already engaged in this work. The dimension of voluntary action and its importance in the country are expected to grow with time.
3. As a system of state recognition of voluntary efforts for the cause of children, the Government of India initiated in 1979, the Scheme of State recognition of voluntary effort in the cause of children in the country.
4. For past few years, there has been some thinking of instituting an Award for individuals who makes outstanding contribution towards service for children. This Award will be known as “Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award for Service to Children”. Under this Scheme, every year the National Selection Committee will select 3 individuals. This Award will be presented to the 3 individuals selected for the purpose on Rajiv Gandhi’s birthday every year.
The individual to be selected for the Award should have worked for the cause of children for over 10 years. Paid officers of the institutions will not be eligible for selection. The sole basis of selection will be quality of work performed by the individual for the cause of children and its significance for the cause.
The applications/ nominations invited from the eligible applicants from the state through publicity by giving press note in news paper and through Deputy Commissioners. The nomination are selected through a State Level Screening Committee for making recommendation to Govt. of India.
The Awards will be presented annually to 3 individuals who makes outstanding contribution in the
i. Child Development
ii. Child Protection
iii. Child Welfare
Nature of Awards
The Award for three individuals shall consist of: -
i. A cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh to each awardee; and
ii. A citation to each awardee
National Selection Committee will select awardees out of the cases recommended by State Governments/U.T. Administrations and Experts. The National Selection Committee will consist of the following persons: -
1. Minister of State (I/C) for Women & Child Development.
2. Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development
3. A representative of the Department of Education
4. A representative of the Department of Health
5. A representative of the M/o Social Justice & Empowerment
6. President, Indian Council for Child Welfare
7. Dean, Department of social work, Delhi University
Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development Each State Governments/Union Territory Administration will forward its recommendations to Ministry of Women & Child Development by 20th July every
year. Particulars of the recommended individuals should be furnished in the proforma given at Annexure. Recommendations received after 20th July may not be considered. The National Selection Committee may, at its discretion, also consider individuals other than those recommended by a State Governments/U.T.
Administrations, for the Awards.
Creteria for Selection for Individuals
The 3 individuals to be selected for the Awards should have worked for the cause of children for over 10 years. Paid officers of the institutions will not be eligible for selection. The sole basis of the selection will be quality of work performed by the individual for the cause of children and its significance for the cause.
Date of Awards
The Award will be announced on the birthday of Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi on 20th August every year and will be given away in New Delhi on a date and time convenient to the Minister of State (I/C) for Women & Child Development. Selected individuals may receive the Awards personally. The Ministry of Women & Child Development the travelling and daily allowance/actual expenditure incurred by him/her will pay the awardees.