Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme for Basic & Natural Science Students for the year 2016-17 was introduced by Haryana State Council for Science & Technology (Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Haryana).
In order to encourage meritorious students towards science education and to support them for continuation of their science education up to higher level, this office provides scholarship to the 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses and 2-year M.Sc. course students opting for basic & natural science subjects viz (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Bio-chemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences.
POSE SCHOLARSHIP SHALL BE REGULATED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- An advertisement in the newspapers will be published for inviting online applications through web portal http://www.haryana.gov.in/EFormsOnlineModule or Common Services Centre (CSC) situated at different locations in Haryana for award of scholarship. The last date for submitting the online application is 19th Sept, 2016.
- The applications received through online mode will only be entertained. The applications received by other mode will not be considered.
- Don’t submit more than one application. Please ensure that the aspects of the application are correct before submitting. No claims shall be entertained in case of incomplete or non-submitted application.
- The applications received online will be scrutinized and a tentative merit list will be prepared as per the criteria of the scheme.
- Mode of Intimation to Scholar: Upon selection, each scholar eligible to receive scholarship shall receive intimation through e-mail. Copy of the mail will be sent to the concerned institution.
- Confirmation of Scholarship Offer: All offers made initially shall be ‘Provisional’. This shall be confirmed based on the verification of original documents by this office or by the concerned institute where the student is studying. The selected students have to submit the certificate of subjects/courses pursued in the 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. & 2-year M.Sc. courses. The selected students have to submit a certificate that he/she is not availing any other scholarship along with POSE scholarship. The certificate is to be countersigned by the head/principal/registrar of the college/university/institute. The student will submit the proof of enrolment certificate duly certified from the Head /Principal /Registrar/Director of the College /University / Institute within one month of the intimation. In case no confirmation is received within one month, the offer stands invalid and offer will be made to the student next in the merit.
- Re-admission or change of college/ university: Any change or re-admission to another College/ University/ Academic Institute within the same academic year is acceptable, provided the scholar pursues subjects out of identified 18 nos. subject(s). The Offer would stand invalid in case this change or re-admission occurs in the next academic year and thereon, or subject(s) pursued is/ are beyond the 18 identified subjects. In such a case, there will be no scope for restoration of the offer and no communication would be made separately to Scholar.
- Submission of Performance Reports and Mark-sheets:
- Scholars are advised to submit their semester Mark-sheets and performance related documents on-time, preferably within 2 months of announcement of semester results to facilitate the payment of scholarship.
- If a scholar does not submit his/her semester Performance Reports and Mark-sheets the offer of scholarship shall be withdrawn.
- Provisional or Internet copy of the Mark-sheets will not be considered.
Payment and Continuation of Scholarship:
The Scholarships are paid to the scholars’ on the basis of semester performance. The Scholarship is paid on the basis of following:
- The selected students have to maintain at least 60% aggregates marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale or its equivalent throughout (in every semester) for continuation of this scholarship. The Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the College/University/Institute of the concerned institute should have to furnish a certificate regarding the performance of the student concerned, for the semester for which the scholarship is to be released.
- The scholarship will be paid to the students for all the twelve months in a year starting from the month in which the admission is taken. It will be from July (admission year) to June (next year).
- The scholarship will be released to the students in two half yearly installments semester wise. First installment will be released on selection, the 2nd on the basis of performance of 1st Semester, 3rd on the basis of performance of 2nd semester and so on.
- The scholarships will be disbursed directly to the students in their bank accounts through online (NEFT / RTGS) transfer. All the students while applying shall have to open their accounts in the banks having Electronic Transfer / ECS facility and furnish the bank details like Name of bank, branch address, IFSC code and account number in the application format for online transfer (RTGS / NEFT) of scholarship. The student may ensure that their bank account number should be linked with Aadhar Number.
- The subsequent installments of scholarship will be released only after receipt of the performance report and the DMC of the students from the Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the College/University/Institute where the student is studying.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The students selected under this scheme will not be entitled for any other scholarship.
- Candidates having Compartment / Re-appear in semester examination will not be considered for further installment of scholarship.
- In case of re-appear or below 60% marks or below 6.0 CGPA in any of the semester, the future installments of scholarships of the candidate will be withheld / discontinued. Candidates clearing the re-appear in supplementary examinations will not be considered for continuation of scholarships.
- This scholarship will be given to the students studying basic & natural science in the identified 18 subjects.
- Only regular students will be eligible to apply for this scholarship. The students studying privately or through correspondence / distance mode or in unrecognized institutions will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students should not be involved in any type of indiscipline or unfair means.
- There is no limit of family income for availing benefits of this scholarship scheme.
- Rural area will be regarded as those areas which are within the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat.
- Attested photocopies of all the certificates from 10th onwards will have to be uploaded with the application.
- While finalizing the merit list, if two or more students acquire same marks / rank in the merit list as per the selection criteria of this scheme, then all such students will be awarded the scholarship.
- HSCST will have the right to increase or decrease the number of scholarship.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of HSCST.
- In case of any confusion/dispute decision of Secretary, Executive Committee HSCST will be final.
- All correspondence in respect of POSE scholarship may be made in the name of Secretary, Executive Committee, Haryana State Council for Science & Technology, Bays No. 35-38, Sector 2, Panchkula. Phone No. 0172-2563439, 2560309, 2560339, Fax No. 0172-2560018, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sanction in respect of the shortlisted students will be issued by this office after verification of original documents, submission of the proof of enrolment certificate and other relevant papers duly certified from the Head /Principal /Registrar/Director of the College /University / Institute.