What is President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2018?
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2018 invites applications from students who have or will be graduating from an Indian University and are willing to pursue a PhD degree at University of South Wales.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The fellowship is offered by the University of South Florida (USF) to honor the president of India A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. The University is dedicated towards excellence in research, education, service and outreach in Florida as well as worldwide.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- The students who have completed or will be completing their graduation degree from an Indian University can apply.
- Applicant must have submitted their USF graduate application and hold a university ID number prior to fellowship application form submission.
- The applicant must be willing to pursue a PhD degree in following subjects -
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business PhD programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship online through following steps -
Step 2: Fill in all required details.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Email the scanned application form and the documents in one composite PDF to KalamFellowship@usf.edu.
What are the benefits ?
The selected students will receive the following benefits under this fellowship programme -
- Tuition fee waiver for up to 4 years
- A stipend of USD 18,000 over 9 months of fall and spring semesters (i.e. USD 2,000 per month) for a duration of up to 4 years.
What are the selection criteria ?
The selection of the fellow will be solely made by USF World on the basis of student's exceptional academic credentials, his/her passion for study in the STEM fields, experience in his/her respective discipline, professional contributions as well as achievement and research productivity.
What are the documents required for the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2018 ?
- A brief letter describing the applicant’s interest in fellowship and his/her proposed area of study.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement on intended research
- Two letters of recommendation on professional and/or academic letterhead