Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India announces the Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for ST, Tripura 2017. The aim of this scheme is to minimize the incidence of drop out by supporting parents of ST children in educating their wards studying in classes IX and X and to improve participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the pre-matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
In order to apply for this scholarship, an applicant must -
- Belong to Scheduled Tribe and Tripura state.
- Be studying in Classes 9 and 10.
- Have Parents’/Guardian’s income not exceeding INR 2.00 lakh per annum.
How to apply?
In order to apply, follow the given steps-
Step 1- Register on National Scholarship Portal by clicking here.Note- Once registered, the system will generate a unique application id in the format TR201718XXXXXXXXX. This application id and password will also be sent to the registered mobile number as a text message.
Step 2- Use the application id and password to login on NSP 2.0 portal. Upon successful login, change the password and save it for future use.Note- The user will be directed to a customized dashboard where he/she will be able to apply for scholarship schemes of his/her state.
Step 3- In the dashboard, apply for scholarship scheme by clicking on ‘Application form’ link or ‘Apply’ button.
Condition of eligibility -
- The student should belong to Scheduled Tribe.
- Her/his Parents’/Guardian’s income should not exceed INR 2.00 lakh per annum.
- She /he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- She/ he should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get the scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
- The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course -
(i) scholarship and other grants,
(ii) additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
- The details are as follows-
- Day scholars will get INR 150 per month as scholarship amount for ten months and INR 750 per annum for books and other grants.
- Hostellers will get INR 350 per month as scholarship amount for ten months and INR 1000 per annum for books and other grants.
- ST students with disabilities, studying in classes IX & X in private unaided recognized schools, will be eligible for allowances under this Scheme, as follows -
- INR 160 will be given as monthly reader allowance for blind students.
- INR 160 will be given as monthly transport allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995) if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the educational institution.
- INR 160 will be given as monthly escort allowance for severely disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) day scholars/students with low extremity disability.
- INR 160 will be given as monthly helper allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper.
- INR 160 will be given as monthly coaching allowance to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.