What is Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2017-18?
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2017-18 is organized by Government of India. It invites application from class 11 or onwards having more than 40% disability (certified by competent medical authority of the State Government or UTs). The objective of this scheme is to support such students to study further in order to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place for themselves in the society. The selected students will receive maintenance, book, and additional allowances and reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Open to Indian nationals only
- Students having more than 40% disability (Certified by competent medical authority of the state Governments or UTs) are eligible
- Students who have passed the class 10th or 12th or any higher exam from a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education are eligible to apply
- The annual income should be less than INR 2.50 lakh
How can you apply ?
The application can be done online with the following steps:
Step 1: Click on new user or register.
Step 2: Now, click to continue.
Step 3: Fill all the details and register.
Step 4: Login with given ID.
Step 5: Registered mobile number will get an OTP.
Step 6: Enter OTP number and confirm.
Step 5: Fill the application form.
Step 6: Upload all the required documents.
Step 7: Submit.
Terms and Conditions
Documents required to be attached:
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self-attested certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card or Enrollment
- Income certificate issued by the Designated State or UT Authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of student or joint account with mother or father
- Disability Certificate
Terms & Conditions:
- Not more than two disabled children of the same parents will be able to receive the scholarship. Provided in case the second child is a twin, the scholarship under this scheme will be admissible to both the twins
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she or he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship or stipend. If awarded, the student can exercise his or her option for either of the two scholarships or stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him or her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he or she accepts another scholarship or stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial support from the Central Government or State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching program
- scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matric courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Courses and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training- Ship Dufferin(Now Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at Pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels
- Students who are pursuing two different courses of study simultaneously can avail the scholarship for any one course only provided pursuance of such courses are permissible under the rules/regulations of the Educational Authority concerned