Department of Information and Public Relations, Government of Jharkhand invites applications from all Indian nationals for Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017. The contest requires the participants to capture the spirit of the people and culture of Jharkhand in their photographs.
- Entry to the contest is open to both amateurs and professionals.
- There is no age limit for the participants.
- Participation is open to individuals only.
- Each participant can send in a maximum of 5 entries only.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can submit their entries with following steps -
Step 1: Click here to register first.
Step 2: Submit the entries by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Entries submitted without registration will not be accepted. The email with the entry should contain the candidates -
- Full name.
- Contact number.
- A brief description of the entry in not more than 500 words.
- There is no fixed matrix or judging criteria. All entries will be judged individually and the winners will be selected by consensus of the Jury.
- The submissions must be in .jpeg format. The file size of each entry must not be more than 20 MBs.
- The photographs will need to be in a horizontal format.
- The submitted work must not contain material(s) offensive to any particular community, group, individual or institution.
- Photo-editing can only be done to the extent of cropping, colour correction and tinting. Any of the allowed alterations, once made, must be clearly mentioned at the time of submission.
- Photographs previously published in any media will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
- Submitted entries that have previously been awarded at other competitions will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
"Jharkhand: Land, People and Culture"
The incoming entries will be adjudicated by an eminent panel of photographers and industry professionals. The pictures will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented within the context of the contest theme.
Rights and Reproduction
- Any moral and paternity right regarding the project sent in for the contest is the photographer's property. However, by submitting a photograph in the competition, the participant agrees to give PICTURE JHARKHAND the first right of refusal to the exclusive use of the picture. This option is valid until 15 November 2020.
- All participants agree to allow their entries to be published or showcased by PICTURE JHARKHAND in print, an online and electronic medium where it deems fit to promote PICTURE JHARKHAND. PICTURE JHARKHAND retains the right to publish the submissions and information associated with them and the participants in all communication exercises for PICTURE JHARKHAND campaigns.
- All participants agree to allow registered members of PICTURE JHARKHAND to use their pictures for editorial, academic and non-commercial usage, provided due credit is provided to the photographer.
- Any employee or agent of the Organisers will NOT be liable for:
- Any costs incurred/loss/liability suffered by participants in relation to the programme
- Any loss expectation of profits by the participant
- Any failure by the participant to understand their rights in relation to Intellectual Property or the rights of the Organizers in relation to Intellectual Property
- Any other benefit applicants may expect to gain by participating in the programme
No documents available.