What is PepsiCo Change The Game Challenge 2017?
PepsiCo invites applications for Change The Game Challenge 2017 from individuals with undergraduate and postgraduate backgrounds and working professionals having up to 3 years of experience. It is a 4-stage challenge open to individuals who are keen to make their mark globally.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Candidates can apply for the Challenge under the following eligibility conditions -
- They must be the nationals of India, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea and Thailand.
- They must be between 18 and 30 years of age as on September 1, 2017.
- Students pursuing graduation or post graduation.
- Candidates who have just obtained their graduation or post graduation degree(s).
- Candidates having work experience of up to 3 years.
Note: The participants need to form a team of two members who are of the same nationality and are in the same academic year if studying, prior to registering for the challenge.
How can you apply ?
To apply for the challenge, follow the given steps:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Fill in all the required details of both the team members.
Step 3: Click on 'Register now'.
Q. What are the documents required to register for the challenge?
A. The applicants will not be required to provide any documents at the time of registration. However, prior to the regional interview round, the shortlisted teams will be required to submit the documents for verification of the eligibility to participate.
Q. Can a candidate register as a single entrant?
A. No, the applicants must be part of a 2 member team in order to register for the contest.
For more queries, click here.
Terms and Conditions
Stage 1 - Registration
Applicants need to register as a team of two individuals with the same nationality and studying or working at the same stage, between 7th September 2017 and 6th October 2017.
Stage 2 - Elevator Pitch and Business Case
- Once registered, the participants will receive an invite through email to submit their Team's 'elevator pitch' video of 90 seconds in English between 7 October 2017 and 20 October 2017.
- The video should be in MP4 format and should not exceed 40 MB in size.
- The elevator pitch should be short and creative overview of the idea of the business challenge - “You have been given 100,000 US dollars to start your own health and nutrition business in the food and beverages space. Which health and nutrition business will you start and why?"
- The elevator pitch should address the following questions -
- What is the focus of your big idea?
- What is the rationale for selecting this business?
- What makes your team's idea Game Changing?
- After passing the elevator pitch stage, the teams will be invited for submission of their business case presentation via email.
- The business case can be submitted between 25 October 2017 and 5 November 2017.
- It should be submitted in PDF format not exceeding 10 pages or 4 MB in size.
- The presentation should address the idea of the business challenge - “You have been given 100,000 US dollars to start your own health and nutrition business in the food and beverages space. Which health and nutrition business will you start and why?”
- The presentation should answer the following questions -
- How will your idea come to life?
- What resources and human skills will you require?
- What will your financial plan look like?
- What will your marketing plan look like? Who will be your target audience?
- How will your idea impact the environment?
- What risks do you see in your idea?
- Why will your idea continue to stay successful in the long term?
Stage 3 - Regional Semi-finals
- The shortlisted teams after business case presentation will be required to attend a regional semi-final interview round with the expert judging panellists, conducted via video conferencing, skype or webcast.
- The interviews will take place between 21 November 2017 and 30 November 2017.
Stage 4 - Sector Finals in Dubai
- Post regional semi-final interview round, the sector final round will be conducted between 21 November 2017 and 30 November 2017.
- The first place winners from Asia Pacific, India, Middle East & North Africa, will embark on all-expenses paid trip to Dubai to compete for the grand prize.
For winning team
- The 1st Best Team will get a chance to go to New York and present their business case incorporating the Elevator Pitch and the PDF Presentation (“Business Case”) to the PepsiCo Chairman and CEO, Indra Nooyi and her leadership team (“Meet and Greet”).
- This will be followed by a year-long international experience or a 2-month international internship across one of locations in Asia Pacific, India and the Middle East & North Africa.
For top 3 teams of regional interview round, click here to know the prize details.