DUPONT NUTRISCHOLARS AWARDS - GENERAL RULES
Entries must include a paper concept based on local/ethnic Indian food product. The selection committee will be evaluating the product design proposal based on the innovativeness, the potential of the product to be successful commercially and technical skills in product development using one or more DuPontTM Danisco® food ingredient. Following are the general rules for the program:
- No extra or additional score will be awarded by the selection committee other than the criteria mentioned for the two phases of the program.
- The program will focus on food science and technology skills in product design and development, so no extra points will be awarded for packaging graphics or presentation.
- The proposal already submitted for any other competition or funded by external or government agency must not be used/entered in this competition.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION
- A team of 4-5 members from the same institute which can include under graduate, post graduate, Ph.D. students as well as a professors/research scientist as the mentor.
- Each team member must be enrolled as a student at the University for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Each group can participate in all 3 categories. Entries have to be submitted separately for each category of award. No duplication allowed.
- It is mandatory to use at least one or more products from DuPontTM Danisco® ingredient portfolio in the final product. Refer Annexure for the list of ingredients that can be used in the product design and development. For any additional information and selection of specific ingredient(s), please contact Mr. Manivvannan Ambigapathy (Sr. Application Specialist, DuPont Nutrition & Health) at Manivvannan.Ambigapathy@dupont.com.
- Each university may submit maximum of 3 entries for each category.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- First prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 1,50,000
- Second prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 1,00,000
- Third prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 75,000
- Best Innovation in Local Food: Popular Indian snacks or main course re-designed with the benefit of great taste and texture and a convenient format targeting consumers-on-the-go. Innovation in successfully industrializing an existing local recipe, being processed traditionally in the market. It can be the main course, snack or any other category. (e.g.: increase shelf life, better-eating experience etc.)
- Most Nutritious Food Idea: A spectacular twist to the traditional delicacies in a better-for-you, a wholesome dish for the health lovers, significantly improving the nutritional profile of a popular traditional (ethnic) food item/product which is a local favorite. This can include reduction of fat, sugar, and salt in addition to improving the nutritional profile of the food idea overall.
- Ultimate Health & Wellness Product: A compelling product, with the goodness of natural and intrinsic health benefits for the modern day natural health seekers.
Food products with Ayurvedic/medicinal values to improve health and wellness. Whole herbal preparations and crude extracts complying with FSSAI/AYUSH guidelines may be used.
Note: The final product when consumed, should have medicinal/Ayurvedic values coming from the use of these ayurvedic ingredients.