- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Students are not eligible for the President's Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but whomust therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
- must have officially completed the Masters programme, and
- must have been conferred the Masters degree
- have not officially graduated from the Masters programme, and
- have not been conferred the Masters degree
- required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation
- serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD
should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
Successful applicants should automatically, in their own initiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS’ PhD.