What is NCU 1ST International Essay Writing Competition 2017?
The NorthCap University School of Law is organising it's 1st International Essay Writing Competition 2017 for students from across the world. The theme of the competition is Environmental Justice: Contemporary Issues In International And National Perspective. This competition aims to promote environmental justice in the socio-economic milieu.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Students pursuing 5/3 years LLB/LL.M./ M.Phil./ Ph.D. course or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than law), are eligible to apply.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition
- No part of the essay should have been published earlier nor should be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
How can you apply ?
In order to apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on this link to obtain registration form.
- Print and fill in the form carefully.
- Finally, email the scanned copy of your filled-in registration form along with the demand draft of INR 1000 drawn in favour of 'The NorthCap University, Gurugram' payable at Gurugram to
Email ID: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Last date for scanned copies of Demand Draft and Registration Form - 31st Oct 2017
- Last date for submission of hard copy of Demand Draft, Registration Form and Online essay submission - 10th Nov 2017
- Declaration of result- 15th Nov 2017
The participant should send two attachments in mail: the Essay in MS Word format with subject 'NCUESSAY2017'. The attachment should contain in series the following:
- Title of the Essay with name of the author/authors.
- Cover page containing Designation (Student/Scholar), Name of college/university.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/co-author.
- The registration form must be signed and sealed by the head of Institution/University.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words mentioning title and keywords must be attached.
- The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- First Prize INR 10,000
- Second Prize INR 7,500
- Third Prize INR 5,000
- Certificate of merit will also be issued to the winners.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to every candidate.
- Framework of Essay
- Understanding of Legal Issues
- Quality of Analysis
- Quality of Research
- Suggestions & Recommendations
- Uniformity in Footnoting style
For further information, click on this link.