What is NABA Contemporary Art Markets Scholarship, Italy 2018?
NABA Contemporary Art Markets Scholarship, Italy 2018 is an initiative which aims to provide financial assistance to graduates from contemporary art field and to promote it worldwide. The objective of this scholarship is to enhance manpower in this field to take contemporary art from museums to markets and blend the traditional art with latest trends.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being provided by the Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti (NABA) in collaboration with Open Care for graduates from all across the world.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Hold the first level academic Diploma/BA degree in arts, humanities, economics or legal disciplines or who are about to complete their graduation within the academic year 2017-18.
- Be proficient in English/Italian language equivalent to B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages i.e. IELTS 5.0 score or equivalent (For English programs)
How can you apply ?
Step 2: Fill the application form.
Step 3: Upload the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Note: The applicants can also submit their project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to -
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20
20143 Milan, Italy
What are the benefits ?
The scholarship facilitates the applicants in the following manner:
- Best five projects will be chosen for a scholarship up to 60%.
- First Prize: 60% tuition fee waiver for the first year of M.A program
- Second prize: 50% tuition fee waiver for the first year of M.A program
- Third Prize: 40% tuition fee waiver for the first year of M.A program
- Two special entries will receive 20% tuition fee waiver for the first year of M.A program
What are the selection criteria ?
The applicants will be selected on the basis of the following task:
- The applicants are required to submit a dossier of 15 works comparing contemporary art with works of different cultures and periods. The work must engage in exhibition catalogs, auction house, and gallery websites. Applicants have to select a collection of works with a detailed description and an introduction to the collection along with a valid reason to choose such work.
What are the important dates ?
- Deadline for submitting application form: 11 May 2018.
- Result declaration: 5 June 2018.
- Deadline for winners to enrol: 13 June 2018
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship provided will be a reduction in the tuition fee.
- The project submitted by the applicants can be published on NABA websites and candidates will hold no patent on them.
- The scholarship provided to the candidates cannot be combined with other NABA financial reductions.
What are the documents required for the NABA Contemporary Art Markets Scholarship, Italy 2018 ?
The applicants have to produce the following documents:
- The project proposal must be explained in text in maximum 2 A4 size pages accompanied by a drawing/graphic or photomontage maximum 4 A3 pages and other digital materials (CD/DVD/USB flash drive) in PDF format.
- Detailed CV
- A motivation letter
- Copy of Bachelor's degree/diploma along in English/Italian language.
- Mark sheets and certificates of previous courses.
- NABA Master's Program application form
- Copy of your passport.